If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys\attachment.do?sys\id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Field Finance Manager is responsible for managing all of the finance and accounting support functions for a major field operation, including financial analysis and planning, financial reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and billing.
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance is required for this position
- A minimum of 3 (three) years of experience managing these combined functions (finance and accounting support functions to include inventory management and control, financial analysis and planning, financial reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and billing)
- ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- CPA strongly preferred
- 6-8 years finance/business experience preferred
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to manage conflicting deadlines and multi-task in a demanding environment
- Must be a self-starter, be able to work independently and as a team player, and have the ability to influence and persuade (multi-directional)
- He/She will be self-motivated and have good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects
- This person must have good communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to interact with and influence senior level personnel both internal as well as external
- Act as the lead financial support to assigned Director(s) of Customer Logistics (DCL's)
- Manage financials of assigned accounts/product lines; including but not limited to: Monthly close activities review of P&Ls, Walker GL system, cost and revenue accrual analysis, revenue reconciliations, prepare and/or approve Journal Entries
- Communicate frequently with the customer's finance team in regards to accounts receivable inquires/disputes.
- Prepare and provide in a timely manner detailed explanation of actual results variance to expected results (plan and/or forecast) and prior year
- Annual business plan development
- Forecast development and periodic updates as appropriate/required
- Work closely with the DCL's to identify opportunities for improvement as it relates to cost, productivity and performance against standards
- Work with the Field Finance Director to translate, communicate and implement corporate financial policies, guidelines, procedures and controls Support analysis of proposed new businesses including pricing, optimizing the deal structure, development of customer proposals and subsequent negotiation
- Provide detailed budget tracking for new business startups Prepare and analyze request for capital expenditures (RCEs) and related management presentations
- Review business contracts in conjunction with legal team to ensure company's business needs are best represented
- Ensure adequate controls are in place to drive Sarbanes Oxley compliance conduct periodic audits of operations to ensure appropriate controls are in place and effective
- Manage and develop finance and finance support staff in assigned organization including training operations personnel as appropriate on Ryder financial systems and controls processes Oversee the collection of accounts receivable
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America's largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.
Apply on company website