Job ID: 2019-80475
Ryder System, Inc. is a FORTUNE® 500 provider of leading-edge transportation, logistics and supply chain management solutions. For nearly 80 years, Ryder has earned high marks for serving customers in a timely, cost-effective and reliable manner. That reputation has helped Ryder to rank continually among the industry's leading companies in many publications. Ryder was named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers and named among the World's Most Admired Companies 5 YEARS IN A ROW by Fortune Magazine.
At Ryder's Northlake, TX warehouse, we are looking for reliable Material Handlers to help maintain warehouse stock and assist in fulfilling orders. Our Material Handlers will be responsible for receiving product, loading trucks, staging products based on customer orders and assisting with organizing and maintaining existing inventory.
$15.00 base pay
$1.00 shift premium pay for 2nd shift
Benefits of working at Ryder:
- Full Benefit Package including medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability
- Employee discount packages, including cell phones, cars, computer equipment, gifts, etc.
- 401K with company match
- Ryder Stock Purchase Program
- Paid Employee Referral Program
- All PPE provided, including a yearly $100 safety shoes voucher
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Six months of related warehouse experience required (one year experience preferred)
- Ability to read, do basic mathematics, understand and respond to written and verbal instructions in English for the purposes of safety, work instructions, policies, etc. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Ability to input data into several WMS computer systems
- Ability to learn to operate powered industrial truck(s), such as: stand-up and sit-down forklifts, cherry pickers, pallet jacks, etc, including how to operate and maintain (change battery, recognize common mechanical issues)
- May be required to operate manual and/or automated other warehouse/manufacturing equipment (such as a packaging line)
- Works overtime as assigned.
- Perform the assigned tasks as described in the location's policies and procedures standards to include handling of materials within associated logical transactions
- Package, kit and/or assemble orders and materials
- Perform material moves with associated physical/logical transactions as required
- Participate in workgroup and other team activities for the purpose of self improvement and improving warehouse operations and related business functions
- Load and unload inbound/outbound trailers
- Ensure all scanning is completed correctly
- Help train dock employees on new procedures
- Ensure facility is secure at end of shift; investigate/resolve scanning issues and housekeeping
- Perform picking and packing duties
- Check for evidence of product or container damage
- Performs housekeeping duties for assigned area
- May operate fork-lift equipment or other warehouse machinery
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website