Explore the Diesel Field! No experience required!
$18.00 - $19.00 per hour!
Full time, 401k, health, dental, vision insurance, paid time off and paid weekly!
We are currently hiring for a Service Employee III in Joplin, MO!
Please call or text JOPLIN @ 503-484-7819 for more information
Do you follow strict policies and procedures? (safety is of the utmost importance to us)
Do you have Mechanical Experience?
Do you have experience repairing or replacing large equipment tires or heavy truck tires?
Are you OK with working outside daily?
If you answered “Yes” to these questions, please apply today!
At Ryder, we offer outstanding incentives:
- Generous Paid Time Off!
- ON THE JOB TRAINING AND CERTIFICATIONS!
- PPE & Uniforms provided at no cost!
- Free Job training and development!
- Career advancement strategies that will help you secure your future!
For 85 years, Ryder has provided customers around the world with integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain management solutions that enhance the way they do business. Building and maintaining a fleet takes time, resources, and expertise few companies can spare.
We are a fortune 500 company with 800+ locations and 36,000 employees across the US! Employee satisfaction is part of our culture.
The Service Employee III-Regulated is primarily responsible for performing all tasks related to the Service Island including tire repairs, fuel inventories and safety inspections at the maintenance facility.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Three (3) years or more of experience, having worked as a Service Employee II or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in English written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills; must be able to understand customer's verbal communication
- Understanding of computer hardware and software, especially word processing, spreadsheets, and email; must be able to understand codes and instructions on the computer and have basic computer skills and ability to perform data entry
- High degree of thoroughness and dependability; must be able to work flexible schedules including shift work, weekends, holidays
- Ability to:
- Work at different locations
- Create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, and asupervisors)
- Work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate, and self-driven to excel, in a fast-paced environment
- Capability for multi-tasking and highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Valid Commercial Driver License (CDL) CLASS A
- DOT Safety Regulated Position; This position requires for you to drive Ryder vehicles. In order to become a Ryder employee you must:o Be able to obtain CDL within 6 months after hireo Pass a Ryder Drug Testo Pass a DOT physicalo Pass a Ryder road testo Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including Drug and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3 yearsSafety Sensitive Position
- Fuel vehicles; record fuel activity/maintain proper fuel and DEF inventory and reconciliation; check oil; check tire pressure
- Move heavy duty vehicles; wash and detail vehicles; wash windows
- Make multi-point inspection on inbound units as required by company policies/procedure
- Report service issues to the shop
- Perform minor maintenance tasks such as tire repairs and align wheels per company procedure
- Perform some facility maintenance and assist with environmental compliance of the location
- Maintain fuel island area to Six Sigma standards and policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Locations US-MO-JOPLIN
Posted Date 1 month ago (10/26/2020 6:19 PM)
Requisition ID 2020-90936
Category Technicians/Service Employees
Employment Type Regular-Full time
Travel Requirements 0-10%
Position Code 7003
Apply on company website