You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Manager Service I manages the operations and personnel for locations with up to 130 equivalent truck units. May have Technicians-In-Charge, and/or Customer Service Coordinators, as well as Technicians and Service Employees to support the needs of assigned location. The Service Manager I must be able to accomplish results and ensure business objectives and labor requirements are met. The Service Manager I is responsible for ensuring the customer's needs are being met while balancing financial, operating, quality, safety and asset targets against the requirements of the business measured through leadership competencies and business metrics. This position is responsible for the management of the location performance against metrics to meet and/or exceed assigned objectives. This position is also responsible for ensuring that the location is in compliance with and properly executing all key company processes, Standard Operating Procedures and Standard Repair Practices. As with all FMS Shop positions, the Service Manager I is responsible for adhering to all Ryder Maintenance Operations policies and procedures. This may also be a development position to prepare incumbents for the Service Manager II role.
- Operations Management:Responsible for optimizing labor at the shop, and ensuring the optimal mix of straight time, O/T and Outside RepairResponsible for optimizing shift patterns to match supply of qualified tech hours versus the availability of equipment based upon customer operating hoursResponsible for work analysis, vehicle planning and scheduling, scheduling and assigning work to technicians, productivity tracking and optimization, shift and shop meetings, and RO review and approvalOversee the execution of the Automated Planning System (APS)
- Labor Management:Provides management, training and development of all personnel assignedResponsible for Performance Management of all assigned personnelResponsible for successful development and execution of the Technical Training Plan in coordination with the Field Training Team. Ensure TOPS plan is prioritized based upon Breakdown, Rework and Running Cost trendsResponsible for Recruiting, Hiring, On-boarding, Payroll, and Succession Planning
- Customer Management:Directly responsible for customer relationship management to include issue resolutions, customer satisfaction, and retention, as well as ensuring vehicle uptimeResponsible for optimizing vehicle maintenance cycle time and ensuring that the shop meets or exceeds Delivered in Time Promised objectives based upon customer requirementsResponsible for ensuring complete execution of the Customer Communication ProtocolCollaborate with Sales Team to develop the service requirement section of the Customer Care Plan to ensure effective delivery of serviceConduct customer visits and annual reviews as required by the Customer Care PlanResponsible for Customer Retention and Maintenance CSI through optimal execution of the Maintenance Promise
- Asset Management:Directs his/her direct reports in maintaining the appearance and maintenance of assigned location, including sustaining 6S standards throughout the shopResponsible for the execution of Asset Management initiatives at the shop levelEvaluates needs and makes recommendation for shop tooling and equipment requirementsManagement and oversight of vehicle specifications and vehicle in-service/out-service processProvide input during business unit asset management reviewEnsure all vehicles have required specifications in SAMResponsible for Parts Inventory management, policies and proceduresCollaborate with Rental in scheduling PM's, utilization of assets to be ready at all times, subs, VMI, and wash log
- Quality Management:Responsible for Quality Inspections of PM & repairs, as well as performing In Process Reviews on non-PM workLead breakdown root cause analysis process, implement corrective actions locally, and when necessary, communicate issues to Technical Assistance CenterMaintain control/visibility over shop floor activities to ensure proper root cause diagnosis by technicians and that the yield on all parts/components is optimizedResponsible for all Mandatory Compliance items at the Shop Level as identified on the Quality Review inspection list.Accountable for all Quality Metrics within the ShopDevelop and ensure implementation of Quality Assurance Audit Corrective Action plans and Continuous Improvement programsAccountable for maintenance of all relevant documentation required to meet and/or exceed local, state, federal, as well as customer requirementsResponsible for ensuring a safe workplace and providing guidance for all safety efforts and initiativesEnsure Cleanliness and quality of repair for all maintained vehiclesComply with Safety, State, and EPA regulations and requirements
- Financial Management:Responsible for ensuring shop delivers against Net Maintenance Cost per Unit objectives without sacrificing quality, safety or customer satisfactionResponsible for implementing cost control measures related to maintenance operations budget and location P&L statement to meet financial objectivesDirectly responsible for successful execution of Maintenance Initiatives to attain or exceed specified financial targetsResponsible for the optimization of net maintenance cost per unitWork with vendor sourcing group to identify potential and preferred vendors for specific facilities and vehicle maintenance servicesResponsible for ensuring accuracy of third party invoices and the quality of worked outsourced to vendorsResponsible for Payroll, Purchase Order approval and invoice reconciliation, and fuel reconciliation, all liquid inventories to include fuel, DEF and oilResponsible for the customer bill back process to include identification, review and approval of bill back opportunities Responsible for ensuring proper documentation and explanation/ reporting of re-billable activityResponsible for the Warranty process and maximizing Warranty recovery in the shopEnsure data integrity in the shop management online system
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to professionally represent Ryder and competently interact with customer management required
- Capacity to understand labor, financial, operating, quality, safety and asset processes and related metrics
- Strong sense of personal accountability and a proven track record of achieving desired results
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Competent in basic computer skills and in a Microsoft Office environment
- • Ability to work with reporting systems to pull data for analysis and decision making is strongly (preferred)
- H.S. diploma/GED required
- Associate's degree preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Two (2) years or more experience in a maintenance operations environment required required
- 0 to One (1) year maintenance and technical experience in a shop environment required
- 0 to One (1) year supervisory experience required
Safety Sensitive Non-Regulated Tech
Our people are passionate about what they do, the product they sell, and the customers they serve. If you're looking for an opportunity to be an opportunity to be a part of a work family that values collaboration, innovation and dedication, we're the right company for you.
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America's largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.
Apply on company website