You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Ryder Audit Services (RAS) department is a high-performing team that provides internal audit services and support to business leaders across the organization. RAS consists of both audit and advisory activities aimed at adding value and driving continuous improvement in Ryder's business processes and providing assurance that the Company remains compliant with a variety of internal policies and external regulatory obligations.
This position will assist the team in performing professional internal audit work across a variety of areas including Sarbanes-Oxley, financial, compliance, and technology. The team is also actively expanding its use of data analytics to deliver better audit services and improve internal efficiencies through automation.
Primary Activities and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the execution of activities to support the objectives established for SOX compliance including understanding of SOX processes, conducting and participating in walkthroughs, conducting tests of design and operational effectiveness for key processes and controls
- Assist in the execution of audits and reviews focused on various business processes and technologies supporting compliance, operations, finance, and accounting
- Conduct interviews and review documents to gain an understanding of business objectives and related processes and controls
- Execute audit procedures to evaluate the design and efficacy of procedures and identify potential gaps or inefficiencies
- Research, and document issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being analyzed or reviewed
- Develop and maintain productive auditee and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings
- Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and share information gained with coworkers
- Analyze data to identify potential trends and anomalies
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, information systems/technology or a related major field of study.
- In possession of OR in the process of obtaining: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
Our people are passionate about what they do, the product they sell, and the customers they serve. If you're looking for an opportunity to be an opportunity to be a part of a work family that values collaboration, innovation and dedication, we're the right company for you.
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America's largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.
Apply on company website