Our team is growing! Ryder is hiring
First, Second & Third Shift Warehouse Associates in
About the position:
- Consistent pay : $12.75/hour
- Third shift: added $0.30/hour
- Must be avaliable for all shifts (based upon senority)
- First & Second Shift: Monday-Friday
- Third Shift: Sunday night to Friday morning
- Required: 2-3 Saturdays a month
- Environment: 1.2 Million Sq Ft Showcase Facility
- Skills: Forklift and Tugger experience is a plus, Organization, Communciation, Teamwork, etc.
- Strong Safety culture, including safe and reliable equipment, paid training
- Stability and growth opportunities
- Competitive benefits package, vacation & PTO in the first year!
- Weekly pay, direct deposit is available!
- Forbes' 2019 list of the “World's Best Employers”
The purpose of this position is to accurately transfer, package, categorize, kit or assemble product and materials, both physically and logically, to fulfill orders, inventory, and load/unload trailers.
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK FIRST, SECOND, AND THIRD SHIFT.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Six months of related warehouse experience required (one year experience preferred)
- Ability to read, do basic mathematics, understand and respond to written and verbal instructions in English for the purposes of safety, work instructions, policies, etc. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Ability to input data into several WMS computer systems
- Ability to learn to operate powered industrial truck(s), such as: stand-up and sit-down forklifts, cherry pickers, pallet jacks, etc, including how to operate and maintain (change battery, recognize common mechanical issues)
- May be required to operate manual and/or automated other warehouse/manufacturing equipment (such as a packaging line)
- Works overtime as assigned.
- Perform the assigned tasks as described in the location's policies and procedures standards to include handling of materials within associated logical transactions
- Package, kit and/or assemble orders and materials
- Perform material moves with associated physical/logical transactions as required
- Participate in workgroup and other team activities for the purpose of self improvement and improving warehouse operations and related business functions
- Load and unload inbound/outbound trailers
- Ensure all scanning is completed correctly
- Help train dock employees on new procedures
- Ensure facility is secure at end of shift; investigate/resolve scanning issues and housekeeping
- Perform picking and packing duties
- Check for evidence of product or container damage
- Performs housekeeping duties for assigned area
- May operate fork-lift equipment or other warehouse machinery
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Locations US-MI-LANSING
Posted Date 1 month ago (6/2/2020 6:28 PM)
Category Logistics/Distribution/Transportation Management
Employment Type Regular-Full time
Travel Requirements 0-10%
Position Code 5001
Apply on company website