SAIC is looking for an Acquisition Support Engineer to support a dynamic program in Chantilly, Virginia. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Poly to start.
The Acquisition Support Engineer requires a detailed understanding of NRO satellite systems acquisitions. The position requires an ability to assist the customer with defining technical spacecraft and ground systems requirements, defining a coherent acquisition strategy, and initiating major contracts with industry partners. The position requires that a successful candidate demonstrate a technical understanding of space systems, a working knowledge of government budget requirements, a sound understanding of contracting regulations, and a familiarity with the NRO's systems engineering practices.
Specific duties include:
- Define end-to-end system capabilities. Develop acquisition strategy and timelines to benefit mission needs and architecture.
- Draft acquisition documentation to include acquisition plan, fee plan/milestone payment plan, statement of work, contract data requirements list, and other documentation required for a competitive source selection.
- Monitor performance requirements and identify disconnects with Request for Proposal (RFP) intent and available budget.
- Support processes to track and report progress on the accomplishment of all contract actions.
- Identify critical program milestones and match them with appropriate contract requirements.
- Develop artifacts and briefings in support of critical oversight reviews to include National Intelligence Acquisition Board (NIAB), Acquisition Strategy Councils (ASC), Contract Review Panels (CRP), and Quarterly Program Reviews (QPR).
- Support technical evaluations of contractor proposals.
- Review complex technical design documentation and provide formal and informal feedback to the COTR and other customer personnel.
- Liaise with mission analysis and technical requirements teams to ensure completeness across the acquisition.
- Coordinate with other acquisition offices to ensure “end to end” acquisitions that reflect sound systems engineering practices.
Other duties as specified by the COTR and Program Manager
- 14+ years of experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Engineering discipline
- Previous experience developing a variety of acquisition strategies
- Basic understanding of satellite systems and architectures
- Program Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, team building and problem solving skills
- Experience in NRO, IC, and DoD acquisition and program management processes
- Experience in the development of Statement of Works (SOWs) and in the ability to perform technical evaluations on SOW's and BOE's
- Ability to travel domestically
Apply on company website