This position is in support of the Department of State (DoS) as a part of the Vanguard 2.2.1 contract. The candidate will be responsible for integrating OKTA into the Active Directory environment at the Department of State. Candidates will be responsible for working closely with the team designing, building, testing and deploying the OKTA solution to the environment.
This role requires an in-depth knowledge of Active Directory and authentication mechanisms within the Windows environment. The candidate must have demonstrated prior and active experience in managing Active Directory including diagnosing complex replication, group policy, and multi domain issues. The candidate will support the continuing goal of incorporating innovative technologies into the Department modernization program.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, someone who can work independently, and will be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
The position may temporarily allow a rotation of remote & onsite work due to Covid-19. Position may be called back onsite at any time at the customer's request.
Description of Duties
- Active Directory liaison with the OKTA Project Team
- Participate with the OKTA engineering group to implement and support a new directory related services that are part of the OKTA Deployment Plan.
- Participate in Technical Meetings.
- Ensure services manager is made aware of potential system problems or customer issues to avoid surprising management personnel
- Create OKTA AD test plans, technical specifications, and white papers as required.
- Communicate regularly to project leads regarding project activities and status.
- Configure single sign-on in Azure AD.
This is a contingent role and a start date has not been identified. Correspondence regarding this role may be delayed.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors and seven (7) years or more experience; Masters and five (5) years or more experience; Additional training and experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
Required Experience, Skills, & Attributes
- Proficiency authoring PowerShell scripts for task automation.
- Strong understanding and practical experience using OKTA or other identity and access management systems in the Active Directory environment.
- Must be able to obtain an Interim Secret Clearance to start work with the eligibility to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
Desired Experience, Skills, & Attributes
- Microsoft MSCE certification
- Familiarity with DoS processes.
- Microsoft and/or networking certifications.
- Ability to apply ITIL v3 Foundation concepts within the workplace.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Strong writing skills.
Apply on company website