SAIC is seeking qualified candidates to support the US Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS) program.
AFAMS is the premier agency responsible for implementation, integration, and development of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and training and analysis standards that support the US Air Force (USAF), Department of Defense (DoD), and mission partners requiring these capabilities to support the Warfighter in full-spectrum operations. As the lead agent for M&S within the USAF, AFAMS gathers requirements, seeks out potential solutions, and integrates legacy and emerging M&S solutions across the USAF and the DoD. The USAF has an M&S initiative that focuses on providing simulation and synthetic training as the critical capability to augment live training, act as an enabler for critical decision-making, and enhance human performance. In the current resource constrained environment, demand for M&S rises with the continuously evolving need for operational readiness and mission preparedness across the USAF, DoD, and with coalition partners. AFAMS focuses on providing innovative M&S services as the key to meeting this demand.
The role of this position is to support the U.S. Air Force HC-130J Weapon System Training System Requirements Analysis team. The work locatoin is either Huntsville, AL or Orlando, FL but we will consider a highly qualified candidate for a telework position. The Air Mobility Pilot will:
- Provide subject matter expertise about training crew member positions for HC130J and MC130J.
- Work with instructional systems developers to validate training material.
- Assist in the sequencing of training assets.
- Verify and validate simulation components.
The following skills are required:
- Former HC-130J or other mobility platform pilot or crewmember. Aircrew training experience preferred.
- Bachelors and three (3) years or more of related experience; Masters and one year of related experience. In lieu of a degree an additional 4 years of experience is required.
- A Secret security clearance is required for this position.
Apply on company website