SAIC is seeking a ANDSF CIED SITE LEAD in Afghanistan.
Provide training in EOD operations, improvised explosive device defeat, route clearance company and counter-improvised threat defeat training
Conduct specialized and collective training to defeat the device, train the force, and attack the network of hostile agents.
Refine training learning objectives (TLOs), programs of instruction (POIs), lesson plans and training support packages.
Provide instruction from established POIs including EHRC, IEDD field certification, CIED awareness train-the-trainer (T3), Freedom of Maneuver (FOM) mine roller maintainer T3,hand-held metal detector (HHMD) operator T3.
Evaluate the ANDSF Local National instructors' ability to train ANDSF EOD and CIED students to respond to the IED threat through training, evaluation, and education to include but not limited to: IEDD training, EOD training, Exploitation Training (ET), EHRT Training, CIED awareness training to include T3, CIED leader/staff training, FOM mine roller operator course to include T3, Mine Roller Maintenance to include T3, RCC Training, Counter IED course, and Triage Training.
Assist, as necessary, ANDSF Local National instructors with training ANDSF personnel as EOD technicians such that students are systematically developed through theory and practical training, imparting students with the entire repertoire of core skills required to effectively and safely dispose of all conventional munitions likely to be encountered in the current Afghanistan theatre of operations.
Assist, as necessary, ANDSF Local National instructors with training ANDSF personnel as IEDD technicians capable of destroying or rendering safe all variants of IEDs.
Assist, as necessary, ANDSF Local National instructors to prepare certified ANDSF EOD/IEDD personnel.
Assist with organizing training teams to ensure that each function is fully addressed in each team to include cross-training to ensure the full training requirement is met in the event of a team member becoming ill or otherwise absent. Cross training shall ensure that ANDSF instruction and qualification continues without degradation due to the Subcontractor's force structure.
Required Education and Experience
- High School/GED and 10 years of experience OR Bachelors and six (6) years or more of related experience; OR Masters and four (4) years or more experience
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Served as an NCO in the US Army or joint service equivalent combat engineer or EOD technician
- 3 years developing and executing training to include at least 1 year experience in train-the-trainer development.
- 3 years of military experience in operational and high threat environments to include not less than 1 year of experience in each of the following disciplines:
- EOD, IEDD, RCC, CIED, HHMD, robot operations and repairs as well as all aspects of EOD/CIED mission planning, reporting, evidence collection, evidence submission, and after action review processes.
- Current counter-IED operations in Afghanistan areas of operations to provide relevant and responsive advice and recommendations.
- Countering IEDs (defeating the system and focusing on predicting and preventing an IED attack).
- Training processes to counter IEDs to include operational/ tactical and staff/ leadership programs.
- Counter IED search techniques.
Apply on company website