DescriptionSAIC is seeking an aggressive and highly adaptable individual to join its Procurement Team as a Procurement Associate in Oak Ridge, TN. Individual must be able to work in a high paced, team environment and must be organized and detail oriented.
Primary Job Duties:
- Coordinate with internal customers to contract subject matter experts
- Process invoices for program approval and ensure contracts have necessary funding
- Complete ownership of procurement lifecycle including issuing RFQs, price analysis, negotiating favorable terms and conditions, issuing purchasing orders, and following up with internal customers to ensure the goods receipts are completed.
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure materials and services are delivered on time.
- May sign supplier agreements and purchase orders within established authority.
- Frequent use and application of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- Frequently communicate with internal company and external contacts.
- Represents organization on specific projects.
- Microsoft Office Experience
- Solid negotiation, oral, and written communication skills are required.
- Candidate must possess a positive and proactive attitude and ability to handle multiple high visibility critical tasks simultaneously
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Price Analysis Technique
- Costpoint Purchasing System
- Word Processing
- Electronic Spreadsheets
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution preferably in Business Administration or related field and 0-3 years related experience; OR an Associate's degree and 4 years of related experience OR a High School Diploma and 7 years of related experience. Supply Chain Management degree is preferred.
Apply on company website