SAIC has an opportunity for a Software Engineer/Developer (Robotics & Autonomous Systems) located in Sterling Heights, MI.
This position is in support of U.S. Army Ground Vehicle Robotics / Autonomous Systems Center (manned & unmanned ground vehicles, robotics, vehicle electronics, and ground vehicle simulation).
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide technical guidance and direction for the software team in the development of software requirements, design, code, test procedures to ensure a high-quality software release.
- Establish and maintain Software Development Plan (SDP) as well as the software development environment and branch strategies.
- Ensure all software engineering activities are carried out in a managed, controlled, efficient and effective manner consistent with the established organizational processes.
- Develop resource estimates in regards to manpower, schedule, cost and scope.
- Establish work assignments for individual engineers and collect completion statuses.
- Manage software engineering execution throughout the project lifecycle via the use of project metrics, risk management, structured decisions and project status reports.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree ideally in computer science, computer engineering and/or electrical engineering or other degree and 3+ years of experience; Master's degree and 0 years related experience;
- 3+ years' of experience in Embedded Systems Software development and preferably a concentration in robotic and autonomous based solutions
- At a minimum knowledge and interest in specializing in robotic and autonomous systems design patterns understanding and application
- Software development / programming / testing
- Develop IOP (Interoperability Profiles) software tools, including software design, development and testing
- Support setup, development, and execution of SIL (Safety Integrity Level) capabilities for Army robotics programs
- Proficient in C++, python or similar languages/software
- Robotics or autonomy programming experience
- Software system integration with controls, embedded systems programming
- Experience with popular robotics middleware including but not limited to ROS, Apollo and RTMaps
- Experience working with sensors including but not limited to Lidar, radar, camera, IMU, GPS
- Linux desired
- Familiar with communication protocol including but not limited to TCP, UDP, USB, CAN bus, I2C, SPI desired
- Familiar with multi-threading programming and inter-process communication desired
- A plus if candidate has an understanding of standards such as: SAE JAUS, J1939, RTSP, RTP, UDP, TCP, H.264 desired
- Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
Apply on company website