Acts as a lead, manager and administrator for task(s)/project(s) effort. Serves as an interface and point of contact with government program authorities and representatives on technical and task/project issues. Supervises project operations by developing procedures, planning and directing execution of the technical, programming, maintenance and administrative support effort and monitoring and reporting progress. Manages and controls financial and administrative
aspects of the task/project with respect to contract and task requirements. The Contractor shall provide support for EOR studies. The contractor will identify preliminary hazards, and then plan out and execute the necessary modeling, simulation and analysis work, which will determine if the associated procedures can be executed safely for simultaneous independent parallel approaches in the NAS.
Provide Project Management support to FAA Flight Standards Service assuring the safety of aviation, while enabling adventure, commerce, and service, as outlined in FAA Order 1100.1, FAA Organization—Policies and Standards, Chapter 4, subparagraph 2c, Aviation Safety.
Provide expertise to the Flight Standards Service promoting safety through monitoring compliance with the Federal aviation regulations, codified under 14 CFR, including the gathering of evidence and the preparation of Enforcement Investigative Reports (EIR), when appropriate. Experience as Part 121 pilot is highly desired. Project Manager provides support to areas of Flight Standards including:
- Recommendations for regulations and minimum standards.
- Supports development of national policies for issuance by the Administrator.
- Technical support to guidance, procedures, practices, and program plans consistent with national policies.
- Develops and recommends specific program goals and areas of emphasis to guide safety assurance program planning and performance.
- Support to evaluating the adequacy of existing regulations, policies, procedures, practices, and program performance in meeting broad FAA goals, as well as specific program goals.
- Supports development of plans and technical guidance on behalf of AVS for the protection and use of civil aviation resources (except airports) in time of a national emergency.
- Provides the substantive content of rules within its purview, as distinguished from the responsibility of the Office of the
- Advises and assists the Associate Administrator for Aviation Safety, AVS-1, in providing support in the justification of budget estimates, administration of executive decisions, and development and maintenance of productive relationships with the public, the aviation community, and other government agencies.
- Provides support to the development, coordination, and execution of the following, and is accountable to the Associate Administrator for the adequacy of FAA:
- Policies, standards, systems, and procedures;
- Public rules, regulations, and standards; and
- Program plans issued by, or on behalf of, the Administrator.
- Provides the effective evaluation of program performance and ensures the adequacy of follow-up to secure correction of deficiencies.
- Provides support to direction in the planning, management, and control of office activities.
- Manages the Aviation Safety Inspector (ASI) Credential Program.
Master's Degree in a related field and 5 years of performance based management and supervisory experience in most of the foregoing functions with respect to technical programs/projects. Master's Degree may be waived with a Bachelor's Degree in a related field and 10 years related program management experience on technical aviation contracts.
PMP or equivalent project or program management certification is required and must have 3 years' experience.
US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Apply on company website