SAIC is seeking a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Space Systems Mission Operations to lead Mission Operations planning and Spacecraft Activation efforts for a National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) Systems Program Office (SPO) in Chantilly VA.
The SPO will field multiple, short time to market space systems.
In this role you will interact and coordinate daily with numerous stakeholders (senior acquisition leadership, Program Managers, Technical Leads, and external organizations). If you have experience in technical programs, technical program management, and systems engineering of large scale and/or new start technical demonstration space and ground systems to include small satellites then this is the position for you.Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop requirements for satellite on orbit activation and mission operations
- Contribute to and review developer contract documents related to spacecraft activation and mission operations planning and execution
- Collaborate with development contractors to plan and execute spacecraft activation training for all contractors and customer participants
- Tailor mission operations to multiple missions, multiple contract types, with various program sizes and risk profiles
- Participate in working groups and forums required for integrating external stakeholders into spacecraft activation and mission operations
- Facilitate necessary program office requirements and inputs into enterprise change control boards and other processes required to integrate mission operations
- Develop requirements for spacecraft operations centers to include but not limited too physical space, personnel requirements, communications, ground terminal needs, location limitations, and other technical requirements.
- Manage the development and maintenance of interface control documents (ICDs), memorandums of understand and other formal agreements related to spacecraft activation and mission operations
- Outline criteria for training associated with mission operations
- Provide critical review of Government and Developer approaches and products and tactfully lead needed changes
- Work independently and communicate regularly with program office customers
QualificationsTYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- BS Degree - STEM or Systems Engineering
- 9+ years of experience in spacecraft activation and mission operations for multiple spacecraft programs
- 9+ years space systems experience
- Familiar with NRO spacecraft operations and mission operations centers
- Familiar with NRO mission operations internal and external stakeholders
- Systems engineering leadership experience, including understanding of risk management and requirements management for space systems
- Organizational Conflict of Interest (OCI) free, capable of providing technical and acquisition support to Government
- MS Degree – STEM
- 15+ years of experience in technical program management and systems engineering
- 15+ years space systems experience
Apply on company website