The Cloud Architect / Engineer must have experience in design, development and operations of cloud and other virtualized environments, specifically as an expert in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and preferably also in either AWS or Azure Cloud Services and Platforms. Must have significant in depth understanding of and experience with the design, architecture and creation of and use of cloud based environment and resources; including preferably the migration of legacy systems and applications to cloud. Must have experience with analysis of requirements against fiscal, schedule, technical and performance issues. Experienced in taking program requirements and is able to create high volume and high availability networks and systems. Also capable of hands on implementation with a proven track record.
Experience in creating and conveying to clients and team members the architecture for a project. Is responsible for developing and implementing design choices to software and system solutions, including but not limited to: platforms, deployment platform and virtualized environment solutions. Experience in establishing and enforcing standards and practices. Develops and implements solutions for the strategy and processes which will be used by NOAA to migrate applications and services to the Google cloud Platform (and Azure/AWS). Has hardware and software development experience and thorough knowledge of a variety of deployment platforms.
Client Facing Responsibilities:
Fills a role to build quality infrastructure solutions that meet the requirements and helps in providing support to production systems and respond to technical and environment related queries from clients.
- Works closely with the PM, Lead Cloud Architect, NOAA stakeholders and SAIC team to design, develop and implement Cloud based infrastructure and services to fulfill client requirements and provide ongoing support
- Architects a Cloud Infrastructure solution using appropriate portfolio offerings with design elements that allow integration into client environment.
- May refine and optimize infrastructure architectural models and creates architectural prototypes as required. Reviews the architectural artifacts and/or technology plans produced by other architects.
- Adheres to appropriate architectural artifact requirements and cloud based architectural best practices.
- Is responsible for the solution integrity within the assigned solution area for the engagement.
- Coordinates with other SAIC and client resources to develop and support the Cloud based infrastructures and architecture.
- Maintains knowledge of technologies, industry trends, standards and design techniques.
- Complies with Program and Project Management responsibilities for documentation, reporting of activities, managing workflows, and being responsive to client priorities and requirements.
- Reports to the Task Manager and the Program Manager and takes direction from them regarding daily tasks, priorities and assignments.
- Responsible for quality of output produced and will work with the Quality Manager/Analyst on the team to report activities, track deliverables and produce deliverables as assigned by the Task Manager and/or the Program Manager.
Service Delivery Responsibilities
- Fills an implementation Cloud Engineer role with in-depth portfolio related technology specialization to develop or refine infrastructure solution designs and interfaces with the client on all issues related to the design, implementation, testing and cutover of the solution. Will contribute by designing, developing, testing and supporting Cloud based solutions, specifically in Google Cloud Platforms and/or AWS and Azure Cloud based platforms.
- Works with client stakeholders to evaluate the solution requirements and supports the management and traceability of requirements during the engagement
- Interfaces to the client's technical organization on solution implementation progress, technical issues, proper practices and technical requirements.
- Works with client technical staff during the requirements definition and implementation to resolve issues
- Assumes accountability for the infrastructure solution technology components and the successful implementation. This include hands-on modeling, design, configuration, installation, performance tuning, prototyping and/or other efforts required to keep the project on a successful track.
- Provides input on implementation status and changes to risks, estimates or schedule
- Collaborates with architect peers to efficiently resolve technical issues, improve implementation quality and share high quality information
- May monitor the performance of external service providers or subcontractors
- People Management, and support the Lead Cloud Architect and the Project Manager
- BS and 9 years of related experience (4 years experience in lieu of degree)
- Some travel required, preferably located in the Reston, VA or Silver Springs, MD area to serve the NOAA Cloud program.
- US Citizenship
- Google Cloud Platform Architect Certification (Associate or Professional Level) required, with at least two years of designing and architecting GCP Infrastructure based solutions. Google Cloud Developer Certifications will be considered along with equivalent architect based experience Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Experienced with Cloud Migration Strategy, Planning, and Migration activities
- Experience and certifications (Associate or Professional Architect Levels) with AWS or Azure a plus.
- Experience delivering solutions to major Federal Programs and Civilian Agencies.
- Experience with Cloud Managements Platforms such as CloudCheckr, Cloud Tamer, AppTio highly preferred.
Apply on company website