** ENHANCED SIGN-ON BONUS **
SAIC Hiring Priority – This position is eligible for a $20K Sign on Bonus *(pre-taxed)
SAIC is seeking a Cloud Engineer with 10 years or more of relevant experience to work on a dynamic, energized team on a leading edge technology program with an exciting mission critical to national security objectives.
This is an opportunity to use the latest cloud technologies to improve the customer's environment and to develop mission critical applications. The successful candidate will provide cloud expertise to development activities on several different networks, including development networks. You'll be able to sharpen your skills in cloud architecture design and roadmap creation while developing critical systems. You must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment, balance priorities, and communicate effectively and collaborate with various stakeholders and partners.
- Work directly with stakeholders and Project Management team to coordinate planning, design, installation, and support\upgrades of new and existing technologies
- Recommend process improvements and conduct tool evaluations
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Develop and use scripts used to provision cloud based infrastructure such as instances, storage, routing, subnetting
- Assist with projects involving server, network, and cloud infrastructure support
- Support DevOps practices e.g., Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Create and maintain documentation and facilitate training of wider cloud services team
- Monitor Enterprise system, perform log management and event analysis via various tool sets, current and future
- Interact with senior personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations
Apply ingenuity and creativity to develop technical solutions to complex problems
- Must possess an active Top Secret/SCI clearance with polygraph
- 10 or more years of relevant experience
- A degree in an IT-related discipline; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Hands on demonstrable experience with Amazon web services (or equivalent cloud service)
- Experience with application management and providing high availability and resilient solutions using methods, including clustering or failover
- Experience with application performance analysis and monitoring
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Virtualization
- Work well independently and in a team environment and has a willingness to cross train skills with other team members to create a more diverse technically competent team.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
Desired Skills and Experience
- Amazon Certifications are desired: Certified Solutions Architect (Assoc or Professional), DevOps Engineer, SysOps Administrator
- Familiarity/hands on experience with Puppet, Terraform, Rundeck
- Familiarity/hands on experience with Kubernetes and Helm
- Familiarity/hands on experience with Docker
- TCP/IP networking familiarity, experience
Apply on company website