SAIC is hiring a Computer Operator to work at Stennis Space Center, MS !
A leader in the exciting and growing field of High Performance Computing (HPC) is searching for a Computer Operator to join our operations team supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) High Performance Computing Modernization Program (DoD HPCMP) located at the Navy DoD Supercomputing Resource Center (NAVY DSRC) at Stennis Space Center, MS.
The successful candidate will be part of a team of operators charged with monitoring systems, servers, ancillary support and facility support systems ensuring that these systems are running properly. If not working in accordance with established parameters, follow required escalation procedures to appropriate Tier 2 and 3 responders. Under direct supervision and through on the job training, the successful candidate will perform established tasks to include:
Performing required hourly and daily system checks in accordance with prescribed schedules
Keeping the task manager informed of any unusual conditions or problems encountered in the performance of daily duties
Accurately maintaining all system logs
Generating trouble tickets for tier 2 and 3 support
Providing plotter and scanner support for the production and duplication of client graphics.
Providing environmental monitoring to include visual checks and audible alarms and take appropriate actions to escalate issues to the task manager or shift supervisor
Operating and monitoring the center Camera Monitoring Control system and reporting any discrepancies encountered.
Responding to the fire alarm panel and support FM200 system operation when required.
Assisting with environment monitoring of the operations center and provide, when required, assistance to first responders.
Ensuring that all established safety and security procedures are being followed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- AA Degree in related discipline; Or, High School and up to two (2) years of related experience with certification.
- Ability to work shift work, encompassing a 24X7X365 schedule including all holidays and weekends. Candidate may be required to participate in support of the center during inclement weather events.
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain an interim secret clearance prior to starting and the ability to obtain the full Secret clearance.
- Operating a desktop computer in accordance with detailed instructions
- A valid driver's license to be able to operate a Government vehicle in the performance of exterior checks at remote locations within the SSC foot print.
- Possess excellent communication skills and ability to effectively interact with support staff, users, and management.
- Process organizational skills to balance and prioritize work in a dynamic work environment, and persistence to follow-through on tasks in the face of obstacles
- Ability to work as part of a multi-faceted dynamic team
- Prior customer facing experience
Apply on company website