SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer with Digital Engineering/Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience in Defense and National Security systems to join our energized team of solution architects supporting an exciting variety of space programs and corporate initiatives to provide advanced Engineering, Integration and Logistics capabilities. Position is remote for local candidates in El Segundo, CA and Colorado Springs, CO only.
In this position, you will exercise both thought leadership and practical engineering application by leveraging your extensive Systems Engineering and Model Based Systems Engineering experiences to grow the Digital Engineering Innovation organization and solution offerings to best support our customers. You will use your knowledge of systems engineering processes, methods, tools, SysML and program roles to help develop, implement, and deploy Digital Engineering solutions and services for use on individual programs. You will learn, apply, and continuously improve our current Digital Engineering platform to capture stakeholder and system requirements, facilitate discussion and understanding of digital solutions, and enhance the digital engineering culture. You will engage with other systems engineers directly supporting programs and foster broader understanding of modeling and assist them in developing Engineering, Integration, and Logistics digital work products. As part of the team, you will be required to mentor others on our solutions and standards, as well as support proposals and business development activities.
Successful candidate in this position will bring a record of application of systems engineering and digital engineering/MBSE methods and creative thought-leadership to mature and develop revolutionary digital engineering solutions across a portfolio of national security space systems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and eighteen (18) years or more experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more experience; PhD or JD and fifteen years or more experience.
- Intermediate/Advanced experience using enterprise modeling tools (e.g. Rhapsody and Cameo/Magic Draw/SparxEA) to model complex systems using SysML
- Broad systems engineering experience (e.g. system architecture and design, systems documentation, system requirements, CONOPS, systems verification)
- Proven ability to work effectively and collaborate in a dynamic, fast paced, team oriented environment
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to independently execute tasks in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills
- Experience supporting US Federal Government agencies and processes
Must have an active DoD Secret Clearance and satisfy the requirements to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI. US Citizenship is required.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Advanced Degree
- OMG Certified System Modeling Professional (OSCMP)
- Exposure to multidisciplinary analysis and optimization tools (Model Center, Simulia, etc.) and digital engineering lifecycle management tools (DNG, RQM, iRIS, etc.) is a bonus
- Experience leading SE teams through all phases of the systems engineering lifecycle using Digital Engineering (MBSE)
- Knowledge of DODI 5000.02 and JCIDS process
- Practical experience with IEEE 15288
- INCOSE Certification (ASEP, CSEP, or ESEP) dependent on experience
- Experience or familiarity with Scaled Agile Framework Environment (SAFe)
- Experience or familiarity with administration of Model Based Engineering tools
- Broad Model Based Engineering Applications and Technology background (i.e. tools, OSLC, internet of things, etc.)
- Experience or familiarity with various analytical and decisions aid tools (e.g. MatLab, Aras Innovator, STK, etc.)
Target salary range: $175,001 - $185,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Apply on company website