The Documentation Manager supports SAIC's Vanguard 2.2.1 contract with the Department of State (DOS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM). The Documentation Manager will be responsible for supporting the Quality Assurance Director and DOS customers in the development and updating of their organizational technical and management documentation. The Documentation Manager will also be responsible for implementation of Vanguard 2.2.1 process documentation policy and standards as required.
The Documentation Manager serves as the Vanguard 2.2.1 subject matter expert on all aspects of documentation from development through retirement. The Documentation Manager reports to the Quality Assurance Director and provides oversight for the management and control of Process Asset Libraries (PALs) for compliance with State Department document management policy requirements; assisting DOS' customers with developing and maintaining their document management plans and processes; establishing document templates that facilitate the documentation and effective retrieval, use, and automation of ITIL®, CMMI, and other process and procedure documentation.
Description of Duties:
- Provide document management and technical writing support to DOS customers in support of ISO 20000:2011 standards
- Assist DOS' customer with managing their organizations' Process Asset Libraries and documentation support request queue
- Frequently interacts with U.S. Government personnel and other subcontractor personnel in various working group forums, ISO 20K project teams meetings, and other process-specific meetings. These interactions require the Documentation Manager to gain cooperation of others concerning specific projects/schedules and requires the ability to negotiate or persuade others in moderately complex situations regarding documentation format, review, and configuration control of approved program documentation.
- Contributes to the development and execution of the DOS's customers Service Management and Quality Management plans to include: current document management process assessment: stakeholders analysis; performing gap analysis; executing process improvement projects to align DOS's documentation to support implementation of appropriate frameworks such as CMMI, ITIL®, and ISO 20000; and defining critical success factors, key performance indicators, and metrics.
- Follows quality practices in executing duties as a tech writer.
QualificationsRequired Education/Experience: Bachelor of Arts degree in English, Communications, or related discipline, with 4+ years of experience or additional years of experience will be accepted in lieu of degree to include:
- Experience providing technical documentation support.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Excellent written skills required for preparation of process documentation, deliverables, and other work products.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint site content administration.
- Familiarity with CMMI, ISO 9001-2008, and ISO 20000 processes
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the documentation required to support the ITIL® framework and application of best practices
- ITIL® v3 Foundation certificate.
Apply on company website