DescriptionAbout the Position: SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer for the Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) in Patuxent River, MD. In this role you will provide engineering support to customer Foreign Military Sales (FMS) teams, and provide direct support and technical recommendations to FMS Class Desk. Discover why SAIC is right for you:
- SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets.
- We are integrators, collaborators, and problem solvers. From imagining the best the future can be to envisioning new paths to get there, SAIC sees the world differently.
- Our purpose is to advance the power of technology and innovation to serve and protect our world.
- At SAIC we value career advancement opportunities, a flexible and caring work environment, and work that contributes to some of the world's most innovative projects.
- We're a company that fosters a culture of engagement, collaboration, and achievement. The solutions we deliver to our customers come from the ideas and creativity of our people, no matter who they are or where they come from. Because we believe that is how we achieve success for ourselves and those we serve.
- Provide technical inputs in the creation and review of all engineering documents (ex. SOW, CDRL, technical proposals, SETR planning, technical maturity, etc.) for accuracy and compliance with requirements as defined by the FMS Case.
- Coordinate SETR events with the Contractor(s) as assigned by the APMSE.
- Coordinate meetings as requested that require participation from Contractor(s) and/or the PMA domestic team.
- As required, participate in PMRs, technical reviews, technical coordination meetings, Test Planning Working Groups (TPWG), CSWG, System Safety Working Group (SSWG), Systems Engineering Technical Reviews (SETRs)/Model Based Systems Engineering Activities, conferences, briefings, and other significant program activities. This consists of any preparation work (ex. briefing material) and tracking engineering action items associated with the aforementioned items. Identify and analyze the issues discussed, record action items, recommend courses of action, input action items and recommendations into the Program Management Database
- Coordinate with multiple disciplines as required to prepare or review the technical documentation, proposals, investigations, analyses, needed to support the baseline FMS program, ECPs, requirements/requirement changes, Product Test Verifications, and other appropriate documentation for all systems applicable to the FMS customer, as well as for FMS unique systems.
- Review, analyze and track specifications and data packages; review suitability/supportability documentation; review and provide technical recommendations on ECPs and Technical Directives; and participate in technical working groups to resolve any engineering issues. Assist with the development of appropriate engineering documentation, formal letters, informal memos and other general correspondence.
- Facilitate communications across all stakeholders (PMA IPTs, FMS, USN, Contractor, FST, etc.)
- Maintain any unique schedules or action trackers as dictated by the APMSE.
- Some international travel may be required.
QualificationsRequired Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of relevant Systems Engineering experience.
- Experience supporting foreign military sales (FMS) or engineering leadership.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of stakeholders both verbally and in writing.
- Degree in engineering or related scientific/technical discipline
- Prior Systems Engineering APMSE support experience desired
- DAWIA Systems Engineering plus
- Foreign Military Sales experience preferred.
- Experience with NAVAIR's Systems Engineering Technical Reviews (SETR), Systems Engineering Transformation (SET) initiative, Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) processes, and Airworthiness/Cybersafe processes.
Apply on company website