Location: Reston, VA
Career Level: Associate
Industries: Technology, Software, IT, Electronics
DescriptionSAIC is seeking a Front End Developer to design, develop, document, test and debug application software. This position requires an active TS/SCI and is a great opportunity to become Poly cleared!
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting.
- End product may be special use, customized, or commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls
- Prepares operating instructions
- Designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- Must have current/active TS/SCI and be willing/able to pass a Polygraph.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field, e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering or UX/UI Design.
- Minimum 6-years of software development experience.
- Recent experience with Front-end frameworks, e.g. Angular 7.
- Recent experience with Git version control and branching workflows.
- Recent experience with Cloud technologies, e.g. AWS EC2 and RDS, Docker, OpenShift.
- Recent experience with implementation of complex visualizations that support data analysis, e.g. D3, VisJS and Kabana.
- Recent experience with writing unit tests using modern testing tools, e.g. Jest, Jasmine.
Desired Qualifications - Or the Cool Things You Will Learn!
- Experience with build tools, e.g. npm, Webpack and Yarn.
- Depth of experience with databases and indexing, e.g. PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, MySQL and DyanmoDB.
- Familiarity with an object-oriented language, e.g. Python, Java, C++, ect…
- Familiarity with geospatial applications like ArcGIS, QGIS or Mapbox and geospatial-specific data formats like GeoJSON.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies, specifically frequent, iterative releases which rely on user feedback to refine features over time.
- Knowledge of Design Thinking principles. Previous experience working alongside UX/UI designers.
- Previously supported the DIA within the last 5-years.
Apply on company website