DescriptionJob Description: SAIC is seeking a Help Desk Technician (TACNET) in San Diego, CA. Note: Must have a minimum active DOD Secret and the ability to work any 8-hour shift assigned including evenings and overnight. About the Position: This role will support the Tactical Networks (TACNET) Capabilities Based In Service Engineering Agent (CB-ISEA). TACNET CB-ISEA supports the sustainment and modernization of Automated Digital Network System (ADNS), Consolidated Afloat Network and Enterprise Services (CANES), Combined Enterprise Regional Information Exchange System Maritime (CENTRIXS-M), Integration Shipboard Networking System (ISNS), Sensitive Compartmented Information Networks (SCI-N), Video Information Exchange System (VIXS), and Wireless Reachback System (WRBS) Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific (NIWC-PAC) PMW160 Programs of Record (POR) systems. Support is provided to United States Navy (USN) Fleet Users/Administrators. Job Duties:
- Via distance support (Help Desk), provide technical assistance and troubleshooting steps to USN Fleet Users/Administrators with PMW160 TACNET CB-ISEA supported networks.
- Responds to requests for technical assistance in person, over the phone, and via email.
- Diagnose and resolve basic technical hardware and software issues as well as logistics and administrative questions.
- Research questions using available information resources: technical manuals, operating and administrator guides, fleet advisory messages (FAMs), and internal approved knowledge base(s).
- Advise customer on appropriate action(s) towards resolution.
- Follow standard help desk procedures.
- Log all help desk interactions in IT Service Management (ITSM)/Remedy.
- Redirect problems to appropriate resources.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions.
- Prepare various activity reports and respond to data and metrics calls.
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
- Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature.
- Interacts daily with supervisor, peer groups, and customers.
- Interaction normally involves exchange or presentation of factual information.
- Supports rotating shifts provide 24 hour support 5 days per week with occasional on-call weekends.
- Active Secret clearance or higher clearance accepted
- High School and two (2) years of related experience OR AA Degree and one (1) year related experience
- Have or be able to obtain a CompTIA Security+ within 3 months of employment.
- Have or be able to obtain a CompTIA Network+ within 1 year of employment
- 1+ years of IT support experience in a Windows environment.
- Experience with HEAT, TrackIT, Magic, Remedy, Peregrine, or other Ticketing systems.
- Experience with basic networking concepts and protocols
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office and Windows OS in an enterprise environment
- Familiarity with Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word and Database Software
- Knowledge on how to query and tailor reports from a database.
- Strong Oral and written communication skills
- Customer Service orientated
- Familiarity with one of the following systems a PLUS: CANES, ADNS, CENTRIXS, ISNS/ORT, ONE-NET, SCI-Networks, SUB-LAN, VIXS, CND and SCIP-IWF.
Apply on company website