The future is here – be a central part of defining and implementing the future of space and ground systems to protect the Nation.
SAIC is seeking experienced professionals to join the National Security Customer Group (NSCG). NSCG provides specialized program management, engineering, analysis and operations support to a variety of Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) customers. We support the generation after next of national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground.
NSCG has openings for a Senior High Performance Computing (HPC) Software Engineer to provide systems engineering and technical advisory services to a rapidly expanding Government Intelligence Community (IC) customer. The customer maintains and develops next-generation HPC systems to model and analyze complex space and ground systems architectures and system solutions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, supportability, and analyses for HPC systems
- Perform modeling and analysis on HPC systems for new space-based concepts
- Convert product requirements into total HPC systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into HPC specifications
- Explore and develop new missions, operational concepts (CONOPs), mission threads, and architectures to solve some of the hardest intelligence and defense problems
- Develop and present training for new HPC systems and capabilities being deployed
- Ensure HPC efforts are planned and conducted on a sound engineering basis including management of technical risks
- Review and assess development activities of contractors
- Develop documents and briefings to communicate work or study status, brief government and industry as required
Recommend and implement techniques to optimize tools/models to optimize performance in the HPC environment
Perform trades analysis, assess impacts and make recommendations related to HPC investments, development and implementation
Provide critical HPC support to current National Security leadership in leading edge HPC application
Analyze and anticipate future needs and advise customer in maintaining and pressing forward in advancing HPC capability
Introduce users to the HPC environment to maximize use of available resources across multiple customers; facilitate and coordinate activities supporting integration of multi-faceted user applications, data flows and analysis support
Analyze HPC vs Cloud hosting environments for complex modeling and simulations tools and make recommendations
- Bachelors degree in computer science, physical science, engineering or related field with 18+ years of experience. Masters degree in computer science, physical science, engineering or related field with 16+ years of experience. OR PhD degree in computer science, physical science, engineering or related field with 15+ years of experience
- Experience with HPC and parallel programming techniques (e.g. MPI, OpenMP, OpenACC, CUDA), in multiple physical science domains
- Expertise in the use of various programming languages used in scientific high performance computing (e.g. FORTRAN, C/C++, Python), scientific visualization software (e.g. VTK, Ensight), and mesh generation software (e.g. Pointwise, GRIDGEN)
- Experience with Linux on large scale systems
- Experience with data science
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people, and able to work effectively in a team dispersed over several locations
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI with Poly.
Apply on company website