SAIC has an opportunity for an Infrastructure Systems Engineer in Springfield, VA!
Execute the duties and responsibilities as a senior member of the DOS ICAM operations team. Provide senior level engineering design and operations support to provide enterprise-level solutions using physical and virtual networking technologies, server hosting, and storage solutions. Provide white papers for technical systems solutions and incremental roadmaps. The systems architect will have daily interactions with government clients related to meeting technical requirements for Data Center and Overseas infrastructure initiatives. Domain knowledge and technical decision-making will have a critical impact on overall project implementation and execution.
- Architect, engineer, and deploy hosting solutions for ICAM systems (SailPoint & Radiant Logic) supporting 100K+ users.
- Work with customers to determine their functional needs.
- Translate customer needs into hardware/software requirements.
- Provide technical direction for project team throughout SDLC.
- Assist in the development of Enterprise policies and directives.
- Provide Tier III support to deployed systems.
- Participate in functional or user acceptance testing to ensure final product meets intent of customer's needs.
- Review and document functionality of existing legacy applications.
- Create technical specifications and white papers as required.
- Communicate regularly to government POCs regarding project activities and status.
- Plan, research, evaluate and recommend new equipment and related technologies.
- Develop contingency plans for infrastructure related software/hardware failures including isolated and major outages.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree in information technology or related field and ten (10) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience
- Knowledge of Data Center Architecture's and designs for large scale Data Centers
- Knowledge and experience with Large Scale Storage Area Network Systems (Design, Build, Operate)
- Knowledge and experience with VMware (Design, Build, Operate)
- Knowledge of Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) concepts and principles.
- Knowledge of Microsoft File Systems, Operating Systems and Applications
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft OS and Wintel systems
- Systems Engineering background with understanding of Cloud Computing Reference Architecture
- Must hold an active Secret clearance with eligibility to obtain Top Secret clearance.
Desired Skills & Certifications
- Knowledge of Integrated Converged Stack infrastructure (i.e. VCE Vblock, FlexPod)
- Knowledge of IP Networking VPN's, switching, and routing
- OKTA certification
- Experience designing, deploying and operating SailPoint and Radiant Logic based ICAM systems
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Apply on company website