DescriptionSAIC is seeking qualified candidates to support the US Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS) program.
AFAMS is the premier agency responsible for implementation, integration, and development of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and training and analysis standards that support the US Air Force (USAF), Department of Defense (DoD), and mission partners requiring these capabilities to support the Warfighter in full-spectrum operations.
As the lead agent for M&S within the USAF, AFAMS gathers requirements, seeks out potential solutions, and integrates legacy and emerging M&S solutions across the USAF and the DoD. The USAF has an M&S initiative that focuses on providing simulation and synthetic training as the critical capability to augment live training, act as an enabler for critical decision-making, and enhance human performance.
In the current resource constrained environment, demand for M&S rises with the continuously evolving need for operational readiness and mission preparedness across the USAF, DoD, and with coalition partners. AFAMS focuses on providing innovative M&S services as the key to meeting this demand.
The role of this position is to support the U.S. Air Force HC-130J Weapon System Training System Requirements Analysis team. The work location is either Huntsville, AL or Orlando, FL but we will consider a highly qualified candidate for a telework position. The Instructional Systems Designer will:
- Use results from mission task analyses, training requirements analyses, objectives analyses, and training system basis analyses for the HC-130J and MC-130J to design the sequence and structure of instructional materials.
- Ensure that content meets best practices associated with adult learning theories.
- Coordinate with technical subject matter experts to ensure content accuracy.
The following skills are required:
- Prior experience designing large-scale curriculum projects.
- Must have experience engaging with stakeholders and validating instructional products to meet training needs.
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and two (2) years or more experience.
- A Secret security clearance is required for this position
Apply on company website