SAIC is currently looking for a Project Manager (PM) in Washington, DC to support the Vanguard 2.2.1 Program, Information Assurance Service Line.
This position will be instrumental to assisting the IA Directorate in the closure of OIG findings and providing the necessary expertise in improvements to IA organizational processes to meet the NIST requirements and achieve ISO 27K certification. Under the Information Assurance Service line, the Project Manager will support the Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM), Information Assurance (IA) Directorate.
The dedicated PM will be responsible for supporting IA's ISO 27K project to include, but not limited to, working with and assist IA stakeholders with documenting new or updating existing plans, processes, procedures, work instructions and other documentation, identifying where processes can be streamlined, ensuring that the document management process is followed, assisting in the decision making process of what documents need to be archived or updated before uploading to the Process Asset Library (PAL), organizing documentation in the PAL, and ensuring the appropriate templates/forms/checklists are available for use. The PM will report directly to the Vanguard 2.2.1 Service Line Director with an indirect report to the Vanguard 2.2.1 QA Director.
Description of Duties:
- Provide oversight and manage the IA ISO 27K project and ISO 27K project team activities.
- Develop Project schedules and documentation to support IRM/IA ISO 27K project.
- Provide leadership and guidance to a Process SME.
- Ensuring execution and document projects as they move through the ISO 27K process and elements of the MSP-IT process as needed.
- Brief IRM senior management and Vanguard 2.2.1 senior management at various milestones/stages in the project life-cycle.
- Coordinate with Process SME, quality assurance, operations, and security for project initiation and execution throughout the life-cycle of the project
- Coordinate with Government POCs, Gov PM, and customers on status of project
- Document and mitigate the risks associated with each project
- Prepare and coordinate any IT Configuration Control Board and IT Change Advisory Board requirements associated with projects
- Initiate any A&A documentation necessary for projects that require an Authority to Operate (ATO)
- Prepare briefing slides and artifacts (project concepts, charters, project plans, schedules) as needed to prepare for the major milestones associated with each project
- Develop a budget for each project that includes the manpower and materials necessary to successfully execute the project.
- Track project schedules to ensure milestones are met on time or adjusted as required if external factors impact project schedules
- Coordinate with Operations to ensure they are prepared with the project Transitions to Operations (TOM)
- Communicate any issues that may hinder or impede the successful execution of the project schedule
- Maintain a risk register for each project
- Maintain a change log to track any changes associated with the project.
- Determine a clear scope definition of the each project
- Monitor to ensure each project stays within budget and scope or take the necessary corrective actions to bring projects back to an acceptable variance
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more of related experience or additional years of experience in lieu of degree
- Prior experience as a Program or Project Manager
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project.
- Ability to develop resource loaded project schedules
- PMP training
- Proven people management skills.
- Experience managing complex projects in a multivendor environment.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Proven track record in executing multiple concurrent projects.
- Five years Project Manager experience
- ISO 27K experience highly desired
- IT background highly desired
- Prior Department of State experience highly desired
- PMP certification highly desired
Clearance Requirement: SECRET (Active)
Apply on company website