SAIC is seeking an Orbital Analyst / Software Engineer for the OMES II contract in support of the Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) program at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. The position is located in Lanham, MD.
This position is temporarily remote due to COVID-19.
The Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) is the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA) next-generation operational Earth observation program that acquires and distributes global environmental data primarily from multiple polar-orbiting satellites. The program plays a critical role to NOAA's mission to understand and predict changes in weather, climate, oceans and coasts, and the space environment, which support the Nation's economy and protect lives and property.
The candidate shall assist in the oversight of the Java development and maintenance activities for Planning and Scheduling systems of the Satellite command, control and communications subsystem. This is not a hands on development effort, rather the candidate shall provide supervision to development activities, ensuring that designed and implemented functionality aligns with operational needs. The candidate shall provide supervision to development and test activities, to ensure that verification efforts are sufficient to determine the effectiveness of development efforts.
- Provide Flight Dynamics support for JPSS-1 including trajectory analysis, maneuver planning and attitude determination
- Working directly with several stakeholders to develop mission software requirements
- Creating test plans and performing functional software testing and integration of software
- Present analysis results to customers, mission managers, principle investigators and external entities
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors' Degree in engineering, mathematics, physics or related field
- At least five (5) years of previous satellite operations experience
- Strong software development background
- Knowledge of various flight dynamics software and scripting languages
- Strong leadership role experience
- Knowledge of the NASA processes and standards
- General knowledge of satellite communications and planning and scheduling
Apply on company website