Location: Huntsville, AL
Career Level: Associate
Industries: Technology, Software, IT, Electronics
DescriptionSAIC is looking for a LAN Network Analyst for their NASA NICS contract in Huntsville, AL. Job Description:
- This job is in a 24X7 Network Operation Center that is responsible for managing a nationwide routing/switching network for a high profile government customer.
- The candidate must be flexible to working 1st, 2nd and weekends shifts
- This consists of implementation of new service and Incident/Problem resolution via remote management methods for local area network equipment at customer locations across the United States.
- The selected individual will be a part of a group and responsible for the management of task and Incident queues and to work with remote technicians and customers to complete work and maintain appropriate work detail log entries.
- The technology is primarily CISCO based, but does include other vendors such as ARUBA and Juniper.
- The candidate will be required to exhibit knowledge in the following areas:
- Routing protocols
- e.g. OSPF, EIGRP
- Switching technologies
- Spanning-tree e.g. MST, RSTP
- VLANs, Trunks
- Wireless technologies
- e.g. WPA, EAP, RADIUS, RF technologies
- VPN technology
- e.g. Cisco Any Connect, Certificate based Authentication
- Routing protocols
- The candidate will be required to resolve complex problems through the use of troubleshooting tools e.g. Network Analyzer, Wireshark and critical thinking.
- Cisco Nexus Series Switches – 1-2 years of experience
- Unix – 1-3 years of experience
- TACACS / RADIUS – 1-3 years of experience
- Working knowledge of the following tool are considered a plus
- Remedy, CA Spectrum, Cisco Prime, Aruba Air Wave
- CCNA or equivalent preferred, CCNP desired
QualificationsEducation and Experience:
- BS Degree and 5+ years related experience
- 4 years of experience is acceptable in lieu of a Degree.
- Professional Technical Certification is preferred
- US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain a SECRET Security Clearance
Apply on company website