DescriptionSAIC is seeking a Legislative Research Analyst and Coordinator with an Interim Secret Clearance to perform analyses and communications support in the Pentagon. The successful candidate will support the Directorate for Organizational Policy and Decision Support (OP&DS) in the Office of Secretary of Defense (OSD) with a portfolio of major Departmental activities to include tracking and assessing strategic and legislative documents, implementation of organizational adjustments, and regular correspondence with OSD Components. This position will offer a hybrid working location including customer site and teleworking support based on contract requirements. Duties/Responsibilities:
- Provide research capability regarding legislation (e.g., find specific and related public laws, references in U.S. Code, congressional bills and reports (status and bill text)), Government Accountability Office reports, Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circulars and Memoranda, and National Institute of Standards and Technology publications, regulations, and informed analysis and observations on products requested by the Government staff.
- Establish and maintain good professional networks with legislative personnel across OSD.
- Regularly communicate with front offices and other legislative personnel across OSD for updates on congressional taskers.
- Track and post updates, tasks, documents, and comments on the Office of Legislative Counsel application and the Congressional Hearings and Reporting Requirements Tracking System (CHARRTS), or other applications as necessary.
- Process congressional and public notifications of contracting within appropriate timeframes established by Directorate policy in order to meet the reporting requirements established by the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement and Public Affairs policy, and other timeframes established by leadership and policy.
- Provide suggested inputs, which may be considered by government personnel for use in relation to a wide variety of efforts regarding legislative matters.
- Provide tracking and updates to civilian Presidentially Appointed, Senate-confirmed (PAS) officials tracking document (known as the PAS Tracker).
- Utilize, configure, and maintain knowledge management/decision support tools, in particular MS SharePoint, in order to track strategic actions and fora.
QualificationsREQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of three (3) years or more experience with the Department of Defense and/or Congress with a Bachelor's Degree.
- A fundamentally open and creative mind, and the ability to conduct rigorous analysis with limited oversight from senior management and to present difficult concepts in simple terms.
- In-depth familiarity with Service- and/or OSD-level strategy, policy, or resource allocation processes as a result of previous government and/or private sector assignments.
- Knowledge in analyzing the Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Executive (PPBE) process, congressional authorization and appropriations legislation, and development of DoD Policy Directives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required together with proficient research and analytical skills.
- Commitment to exceptional client service and professionalism.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and common office software applications.
- Background and training in the application of various knowledge management and collaborative tools
- Current DoD Interim SECRET clearance or higher with the ability to obtain Top Secret Clearance
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
Apply on company website