Location: Reston, VA
Career Level: Entry Level
Industries: Technology, Software, IT, Electronics
DescriptionSAIC is seeking a Linux Systems Administrator to perform high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations and servers. This is a great opportunity to become Poly cleared!
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinates, directs and performs complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Continually monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities.
- Ensures data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
- Plans and implements the modernization of servers.
- Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules.
- Conducts hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Must have a current/active TS/SCI and be will/able to obtain a CI Polygraph
- Requires a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline; or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree
- Minimum of 6 years of experience with the administration and distribution of Linux systems (preferably RHEL and CentOS at a minimum)
- Proficient in creation and management of VMWare-based virtual machines
- Experience installing, configuring, maintaining, monitoring and troubleshooting LINUX servers, either physical (bare metal) or virtual (VMWare or equivalent)
- Experience in hardening Linux systems based on DISA STIGs requirements or similar hardening regulations
- IC/DoD security experience to include auditing, virus scanning and IAVA resolution
- Offline system patching (such as RPM)
- Setup, configure and maintain various LINUX servers to support development, test, integration and operational software threads
- Work with development teams to design, implement and maintain continuous integration environment for several projects across multiple networks
- Support security with VM hardening, patching, auditing, new software requests and other security requirements
- Track and manage internal and external software licenses
- Manage Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Bit Bucket, Confluence) in support of software and system engineering
Desired Qualifications - or the cool stuff you'll learn!
- Solid general network knowledge (TCP/IP, DNS, SNMP, SMTP, NFS)
- Amazon Web Service (AWS) management and deployment
- Experience configuring and deploying web containers/apps (J2EE)
- Experience and active certifications that meet the ICD 503 guidelines for system administration
- Installation, configuration and management of Windows-based development tools
- Installation, configuration and management of PostgreSQL databases
- Experience with Shell (Bourne, Korn, Bash, csh, ect…) scripting or scripting in Perl or Python
- Experience with network storage technologies (S3, block and object)
- Experience with log management, syslog, SIEM, ect…
- Experience with HPC and GPU architectures
- Familiarity with cross-security domain solutions
- Previously supported the DIA within the last 5-years
Apply on company website