SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Principal Mission Systems Engineer to support the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) Department with Advanced Ship and Combat System Integration Engineering.
Work will be performed on-site in Dahlgren, VA ,and will allow for some telework from the local area.
This position is contingent upon contract award, expected in Fall 2023.
Job Summary: The Principal Mission Systems Engineer will provide systems engineering support for Combat System Mission Readiness Assessments and certifications and the development of Surface Ship Mission System and Missions System integration. You will be expected to address the impact and integration of C5ISR, ship, sensor and weapons systems into the Surface Ship Mission System, and work under the following engineering disciplines: Computing Plant Architecture, Architecture Engineering/Development, Requirements Engineering/Management, Total Ship Systems Engineering, Element Design, Design Integration, Ship Integration, Safety Analysis, Interoperability Assessment, Test, and Advanced Design Development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform as part of the Technical Team to define and evaluate requirements and designs, identify technical issues and associated recommendations, and to conduct performance analyses to provide recommendations for Mission System and Missions System integration.
- Evaluate the applicability of the designs on other platforms in the Surface Navy Enterprise, and conversely identify when existing designs from other programs should be leveraged for and assess their ability to fulfill original requirements
- Provide engineering review and critique of combat system and ship integration proposals.
- Prepare trouble reports and risk resolutions, identifying engineering shortfalls, operational considerations, and general assessments of concepts, ideas and methodologies.
- Support risk assessments and provide input into risk mitigation plans
- Provide architecture engineering, requirements engineering and management in support of Surface Ship Mission System improvements, verifying traceability, requirements from system, element, component and ensemble levels, assessing the completeness and correctness of allocated requirements.
- Support for developing and/or executing requirements verification efforts.
- Participate as a team member in formal and informal design reviews in support of the Tech Team reviews, including In Process Reviews (IPR), Technical Interchange Meetings, and Production Readiness Reviews.
- Review and analyze specifications and other documentation, generate and submit comments, participate in comment adjudication with the developer.
- Active Secret clearance
- Bachelors and ten (10) years general experience
- Ten (10) years specific experience with emphasis in one or more of the following:
- Combat Systems Cyber Security
- Ships Self Defense System
- Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) class frigate
- Aegis Integrated Combat Systems
- DDG-1000 Zumwalt class destroyer
- Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense
- Weapon/Sensor Combat Systems to conduct and coordinate individual projects
- Experience coordinating development activities associated with engineering systems, capabilities, and activities
- Experience in functional and system level requirements analysis, requirements generation and technical community review
- Navy AEGIS weapon System, and familiar with AEGIS Acronyms and Terminology
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
Apply on company website