SAIC is seeking qualified candidates to support the US Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS) program.
AFAMS is the premier agency responsible for implementation, integration, and development of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and training and analysis standards that support the US Air Force (USAF), Department of Defense (DoD), and mission partners requiring these capabilities to support the Warfighter in full-spectrum operations.
As the lead agent for M&S within the USAF, AFAMS gathers requirements, seeks out potential solutions, and integrates legacy and emerging M&S solutions across the USAF and the DoD. The USAF has an M&S initiative that focuses on providing simulation and synthetic training as the critical capability to augment live training, act as an enabler for critical decision-making, and enhance human performance. In the current resource constrained environment, demand for M&S rises with the continuously evolving need for operational readiness and mission preparedness across the USAF, DoD, and with coalition partners. AFAMS focuses on providing innovative M&S services as the key to meeting this demand.
The role of this position is to support the U.S. Air Force HC-130J Weapon System Training System Requirements Analysis team. The work locaton is either Huntsville, AL or Orlando, FL but we will consider a highly qualified candidate for a telework position.
The M&S Analyst will:
- Design a comprehensive HC-130J training requirements model environment to support modeling and simulation of training alternatives, aircrew training lifecycle support, generation of required TSRA products, and serve as the foundation for future HC-130J training systems acquisitions.
- Conduct analysis of alternatives for modeling and simulation-based training technologies.
The following skills are required:
- Prior experience designing modeling and simulation environments for training.
- Prior experience conducting analysis of alternatives desired.
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and two (2) years or more experience.
- A Secret security clearance is required for this position.
Apply on company website