SAIC is seeking a .Net Aeronautical Software Engineer for Aeronautical Data Processing Tools that will be utilized across a broad range of U.S. Army aviation platforms. The position will require software development for Navigation Database Image Compilers for qualification under the standards of RTCA DO-330 in support of the customer's RTCA DO-200B program.
This position is located in Huntsville, AL
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Develop Aeronautical Data Tools to convert Type 1 Aeronautical Data into Type 2 Aeronautical Data IAW customer specifications.
- Developing documented, reliable, well-tested, extensible and maintainable code.
- Performing software analysis, design and development according to existing coding standards and guidelines.
- Interpreting and analyzing requirements obtained/derived from customers.
- Reviewing, verifying and/or validating system specifications and other design-related documentation.
- Leading technical decisions and directing software developers.
- Other activities include working with System Engineers and test teams, as well as supporting demonstrations, test events and development of system documentation.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or relevant field, and 5+ years of experience.
Clearance: Must be a US citizren & eligible for a Secret Security Clearance
- Minimum (2) years of experience working on RTCA DO-330 compliant development projects.
- Experience working on .NET desktop applications and a strong understanding of object-oriented development.
- Candidate must have the ability to work well in a team development environment.
- Working knowledge of RTCA DO-200B requirements.
- Experience with National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) Digital Aeronautical Flight Information File (DAFIF) edition 8.1.
- Understanding of instrument flight procedures.
- Experience with iOS and Android mobile applications development.
Apply on company website