SAIC is seeking a Principal Network Engineer to join our talented team in our Chantilly, VA office. The ideal candidate shall be able to design, develop, and support the best in class IT Infrastructure. The ideal candidate should have excellent analytical and problem-solving and communication skills such as identification, risk analysis, solution generation, prioritization, goal setting and conflict resolution. The selected candidate will report into the Network Solution Engineering Team.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, or comparable experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years hand-on experience is required, with the ability to configure networking equipment such as routers, switches, and firewalls
- Routing and Switching: VLAN, Spanning Tree Protocol, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, etc.
- Experience with DNS, configuration backup, and government security practices.
- Data Center Network Architecture
- Expert understanding of networking technology (Switches; Routers; Firewalls; Load Balancers; Security Products (VPN; NAC; etc.). Experience with VPLS/MPLS is a plus.
- Experience with NSX and ACI
- Ability to solve complex systems problems quickly with little technical guidance, and develop automated corrective measures.
- Hands on experience with router, switch, and firewall configuration
- Understanding of IP based platforms and addressing, DHCP, DNS, Cisco products and technology, client/server computing (Aruba experience a plus)
- Familiarity with DoD Ports, Protocols, and Services (PPS), STIGs, and manual checklists
- Strong interpersonal and written/oral communications skills; capable of interfacing with all levels of management, project managers, development engineers, Helpdesk team, and other technical and administrative departments.
- Skilled in trending chronic problems, engaging in capability planning, analyzing security events, as well as preparing the corresponding documentation
- Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Quality of Service (QOS) deep-level architecture and troubleshooting
Apply on company website