- Responsible for installing, monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting and restoring service to communications networks in a large telecommunications facility environment (includes data/voice communications equipment, multiplexers, data terminal equipment, commercial leases and transmission media).
- Responsible for performing proactive monitoring of network elements alarms and alerts to identify those components/elements that may lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure.
- Responsible for providing Tier II Operational Support to the classified network systems and components in support of the Department of State classified networks. Acts as the escalation point to Tier III Engineering staff.
- Responsible for performing capability checks and operational handoff for all Change Requests in support of the GTS Change Management Program/Process.
- Responsible for serving as Essential Personnel in the GTS 24x7x365 Network Service Center, so shift work is required. Current opening is for Evening Shift (3pm – 11pm) and shifts run Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday - Saturday.
Required Education & Experience
AA Degree in related discipline and six (6) years related experience; OR, High School and seven (7) years related experience.
Desired Experience, Skills, & Certifications
- Experience in one or more of the following: Cisco Nexus, Cisco Catalyst routing and switching, data center cabling maintenance
- Experience supporting the configuration and maintenance of various network hardware and software, primarily Cisco catalyst and Cisco Nexus switching and routing technologies
- Knowledge of cabling standards, fiber optic and copper cable termination.
- Experience with network monitoring applications such as NeuralStar or other similar monitoring tools
- ITIL ® Foundation certification
- Must hold a Top Secret Clearance
Apply on company website