Candidate will be part of a team that manages the Patch and Test Facility in a challenging and fluid work environment at MacDill AFB, FL. The candidate will provide Tier I/II support to manage and maintain connectivity for hundreds of devices supporting thousands of users including critical “VIPs” and multiple, autonomous, secure networks.
- Prioritize daily work tasks.
- Provide Tier I/II support for all tech control devices in HQ the AOR on multiple, autonomous, secure networks.
- Assist and coordinate with other critical IT sections within the Division to execute on tasks involving projects, troubleshooting, maintenance, and implementation of new services, devices, or connections.
- Travel the AOR when necessary to support IT services at Forward locations.
- Shift work flexibility a must.
- Open/track/close tickets on Remedy and FACIT.
- Conduct daily inventory of assigned equipment.
- Maintain Master Station Log.
- Coordinate circuit outages and authorized system interruptions with DISA and other agencies.
- Configure and maintain cryptographic equipment.
- Troubleshoot circuit outages locally and abroad.
Bachelor's Degree and 2+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 6+ years of experience.
Must be CompTIA Security+ certified.
Must have a current TS/SCI clearance.
Extensive experience maintaining an operational long-haul communications facility in a high paced, diverse, military telecommunications environment.
Extensive experience designing and maintaining long-haul data/voice transmission systems traversing various interconnect technologies (cable, fiber, satellite, etc).
Experience with troubleshooting ATM, SONET and IDNX/PROMINA systems.
In-Depth long-haul system problem troubleshooting/resolution abilities.
Experience with cryptographic devices and secure data/voice transmission policies, processes and procedures.
4+ years experience working in a Tech Control environment desired.
Must have valid U.S. Passport.
Must be able to lift 50lbs of equipment.
Experience with encryption devices such as Taclanes and KIV-7M
Experience with higher level transport infrastructure (ATM, SONET, ODXC, etc.)
Experience working with military Tech Control Facilities (TCF/PTF)
Apply on company website