Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated professionals in El Segundo, CA who assist the US Air Force in developing and deploying the next generation of satellites and ground systems for missile warning (MW) and space-based environmental monitoring (SBEM). These systems alert senior military officials when missile launches occur around the globe, as well as enable global naval vessel and troop movements by providing mission-critical weather data to ensure safe passage.
Our Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team has an immediate need for a Lead Requirements Systems Engineer with experience in requirements development and management of Department of Defense (DoD) space-based systems. Candidate will provide systems engineering and integration expertise in support of the Space and Missile Systems Center's (SMC) SBEM and MW programs. Candidate will support requirements development and management activities to include requirements traceability analysis, change impact analysis, technical baseline integration, verification planning and execution, concepts of operations (CONOPS) and risk management of all SBEM and OPIR mission capabilities. Candidate should have experience with system acquisition, systems engineering lifecycle, architecture, operations concepts, requirements and interface development and maturation for space and ground systems.
Major duties of the position include:
Validating existing requirements flow-down, developing new, modified, and derived Enterprise requirements, performing requirements analysis, and developing associated systems engineering products to ensure compliance with approved requirements and certification standards
Validating flow-down of Enterprise ORD/CDD requirements to contractor system specification for two-way traceability between the requirements baseline and the source documents.
Validating and determining if contractor system specifications, and contractor subsystem specifications contain all approved and derived requirements.
Maintaining the technical baseline, including identifying and documenting system specification and interface requirement traceability to sell-off verification and test events.
Managing interdependencies, identifying disconnects, between current and future architectures, requirements, and interfaces, and resolving system issues.
Assessing proposed technical baseline changes for impacts to system and enterprise requirements and verification plans.
Collaborating with prime contractors, other team contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Air Force.
- Master's Degree in Math, Science or Engineering with 15+ Years of demonstrated of requirements development and management experience with space, ground, operations and sustainment segments of DoD or NRO programs with a proven delivery record or a Bachelor's Degree in Math, Science or Engineering with 17+ Years of demonstrated experience.
- Strong understanding of fundamental requirements development and management processes
- Experience working across space and ground segment organizations to coordinate and identify system requirements that ensure end-to-end mission performance requirements are met.
- Experience with DOORS/DXL
- Demonstrated experience working with Air Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment, with space and/or ground systems.
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams.
- Active TS/SCI
- OPIR and SBEM Mission experience is highly desirable.
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience using Sparx Enterprise Architect or other comparable tools.
Apply on company website