SAIC has an opening for a Senior Logistics Manager located at our SAIC office in Oxnard, CA.
This position will provide direct support of contract tasking and will be responsible for Logistic planning and provisioning efforts in support of the PM and Chief Engineer. This person will support logistic planning inclusive of preparations to issue and control production schedules. Further, this person will coordinate the material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
This position requires the candidate to interact with the Program Manager and Chief Engineering and other direct leads supporting the development and build of prototype units and low rate, as well as full rate production quantities.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and fifteen (15) years or more of related experience; Masters and thirteen (13) years or more experience; or a PhD or JD and four (4) years of experience.
- Logistics Management Specialist/Manager must demonstrate an understanding and have direct experience in performing analysis and coordination of an organization's supply chain;
- Must have experience in managing the entire life cycle of a product;
- Cradle-to-grave life cycle logistics for an assigned system or subsystems, integrating separate functions of supply, maintenance, procurement and quality assurance of logistics activities needed to sustain system fielding;
- Demonstrate support and experience for acquisition, distribution and delivery of products and sub-product components in relation to a product build process and sustainment;
- Must support the development of plans for operational, intermediate and depot level maintenance and provisioning;
- Will have experience in inventory, inventory control, property (component) management to include just in time provisioning;
- Perform periodic and cooperative systems evaluations to develop recommendations for system improvements;.
- Schedule and monitor funding milestone to include adequacy and timeliness.
- Must have an active Secret security clearance
- Military Maintenance and/or Logistics experience is relevant and desired for this position.
- Travel to our support partners (25%) during the prototype period will be anticipated (COVID restrictions may substantially reduce this demand).
Apply on company website