SAIC is searching for a Sr Mainframe Systems Administrator to join our team in support of work taking place at the Human Resources Command in Fort Knox, KY.
* This position is remote / work from home / telework *
Purpose of the Position:
- Assist the Quality Assurance team and project teams in Program Management Division manage software code changes and the migration of this code to production.
- Manage the tools used for software change and configuration management.
Responsible for providing Mainframe Administration in an enterprise environment.
Must be able to provide installation and configuration of third-party mainframe software.
This includes software from multiple vendors.
Be able to code required exits to third party software and maintain required software patches.
Propagate third party software across multiple mainframe environments (DEV, TEST, PROD).
Must be able to provide support to users of the third-party software.
Maintain support account with vendor for third party software.
Provide problem resolution services for third party software.
Provide required data to vendors in order to resolve issues.
Implement vendor supplied fixes.
Provide 24x7x365 support to the end user community for the third-party software.
Must be able to implement and maintain a secure environment in compliance with all IA and DoD STIG guidelines
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related technical discipline and eight (8) years year or more experience; Associates degree and ten (10) years or more experience; PhD or JD and three (3) years or more experience;High School Diploma and twelve (12) years or more experience
8+ years' experience with z/OS mainframe support, configuration and administration, demonstrating advanced knowledge in key technologies.
8+ years' experience providing installation customization and support for third party base products
- z/OS, JCL, SDSF, SMP/E
- CA Endevor, CA-7 Scheduling package, CA-11 to manage jobs
- CA-Dispatch – repository output of jobs
- ISPF, ISPF Dialog Manager, QuickRef
- Installation and customization and test new releases of CA Endevor software for DOD.
- Support the user community that uses the tool.
- Installation and customization of CA7 and CA11 software for DOD.
- Support the user community and system schedules. Maintaining the yearly calendar schedules.
Installation and customization of CA-Dispatch software for DOD.
Support he user community and system schedules.
Experience with IBM z/OS, CA 7, CA11, Endevor software for job scheduling, releases and management
Knowledgeable in JES2 commands, CA-1, CA-7, CA-11, CA-Dispatch, Endeavor, Job Control Language (JCL) and have strong knowledge of MVS & TSO
Ability to work independently as well as with others in a multidisciplinary team environment.
Ability to quickly grasp technical issues and offer solutions
Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Demonstrated exceptional ability to troubleshoot complex systems required.
Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to get one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract
Must be able to obtain Security+ certification and be enrolled in CompTIA's Continuing Education program before start date
Secondary certification relative to the Computing Environment (JCL BrainBench) needed six months after start date
Must sign privileged level access agreement
Must be a U.S. citizen and capable of obtaining a favorable National Agency Check Investigation.
Knowledge of ISO/ITIL processes and documentation standards is desired
Apply on company website