SAIC has an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Operations and Test Engineer for the U.S. Army Evaluation Center (AEC) Support Services (AECSS), Support Services for Effectiveness Evaluation of Fires (Fires).
This position is available in 2 locations: Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG), MD and in Ft. Bliss, TX.
This job may be temporarily remote due to COVID-19. Ongoing options to work from home will also be considered case by case.
This position is contingent upon award of contract.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs a variety of routine OT&E tasks designed to provide experience and familiarization with Operations, Test, and Evaluation methods, practices, and programs.
Works under the guidance and direction of an engineer; assignments screened for unusual or difficult problems and techniques; or procedures to be applied to the solution of problems will be selected by an engineer or the supervisor.
Provides professional OT&E support within allocated task resources.
Performs portions of OT&E tasks under the direction of an engineer.
Applies commonly used equations and techniques to evaluate and solve assigned problems or systems.
Coordinates with others to assure all safety, security, environmental, and community concerns are adequately addressed.
Serves as an expert for providing technical guidance and information to meet requirements.
- Must possess a Bachelor's Degree in technical subject discipline or Business plus five (5) years of experience; or nine (9) years of experience in lieu of degree, in development and/or testing planning, reviewing, executing testing, and reporting of Operational Test and Evaluation and include implementation of Continuous Comprehensive evaluation concepts and procedures.
- Experience in DoD integrated test philosophy, test regulations, and coordinated test and evaluation programs are required. Must be familiar with DoD drawings, specifications practices, formats and procedures.
- Secret Security clearance required, and must be willing to obtain a Top Secret clearance in the future.
Must have five (5) years of experience gained within the last 10 years (2010 to present) in at least ONE of the following areas:
- Developmental test (DT), operational test (OT), and evaluation methods (includes test and evaluation (T&E) planning, test design, test readiness, test execution, data collection during test, evaluation of test or modeling data, and development of evaluation analysis plans and reports) for Army and Joint Service Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear (CBRN) Defense (CBRND) systems/subsystems;
- Integrating Army and Joint Service system acquisition documentation (includes Department of Defense (DOD), Army, and Army Test and Evaluation Command (ATEC) regulations, pamphlets, instructions, and guidance) in the development of DOD system acquisition products for T&E of CBRND systems/subsystems;
- Executing Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) methodologies and policies related to assessment of Joint Capability Technology Demonstrations and Advanced Technology Demonstrations for CBRND systems/subsystems;
- Application of Army and Joint Service metrics at various stages of equipment development (includes planning, analysis,evaluation, integration, testing, and acceptance phases) for CBRND systems/subsystems;
- Test methods, infrastructure, and capability gaps related to testing and processes of CBRND systems/subsystems;
- Oral and written communication such as briefings, writing technical papers, etc. (includes T&E plans and reports such as System Evaluation Plans (SEP), Test & Evaluation Master Plans (TEMP), Early Strategy Reviews (ESR), Concept In Process Reviews (CIPR), OT and/or DT Test Plans, Operational Test Agency (OTA) Milestone Assessment Reports, OTA Evaluation Reports (OER), OTA Assessment Reports (OAR), Capabilities and Limitations Reports (CLR), Safety Releases (SR), and Safety Confirmations (SC)) for CBRND systems/subsystems.
Apply on company website