DescriptionJOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC is currently seeking a Senior Storage Administrator to support the US Army Corps of Engineers Revolutionary IT Services (USACE RITS) program. In this role you will be focused on managing the server storage environment, which includes all upgrades, audits, performance monitoring & troubleshooting, volume configuration & provisioning of the storage area network (SAN). This is a mixed environment consisting of Windows, UNIX/Linux, and NetApp. Job Location: This is a 100% virtual / work from home / remote position located anywhere in the CONUS. Standard work week: M-F 8 Hours a day / Oncall rotation every 4 to 5 weeks Specific responsibilities may include but aren't limited to the following:
- Storage management and optimization: upgrades, audits, performance monitoring and troubleshooting, volume configuration and provisioning, SAN
- Documentation: create and maintain documentation of the NetApp environment according to best practices
- Service management: interact and integrate with operational service management personnel to ensure smooth, continuous storage operations
- Customer management: serve as a trusted adviser to the customer, providing technical mentorship on NetApp technology to less-experienced teammates
- Vendor relations: collaborate with NetApp technical team and management to help the end client leverage NetApp hardware and software solutions
- Partnering with VMware SMEs, DBAs, and customers to implement solutions based on sound system designs
- Utilizing advanced experience and knowledge of IT operations, identity management, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, data platform, budgeting, and governance – this role should manage how decisions in each area affect an overall solution.
- Effectively communicating with internal customers, peers, and managers regarding storage administration issues.
QualificationsRequired Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and 14+ years of NetApp storage experience.
- Experience managing anf troubleshooting SAN infrastructure; specifically experience with NetApp storage arrays highly desired.
- Experience advising stakeholders and translating business requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable storage solutions.
- Experience interfacing with various operations teams to ensure deployments are successful and met all business requirements.
- Technical knowledge of O&M of NetApp and other storage platforms (Hitachi or Fiber Channel fabric knowledge is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server, Unix/Linux, Solaris & AIX platforms.
- US Citizen with an Active Secret Clearance
- DoD 8570 IAT II compliance (Security+CE or greater)
- Must be open to Oncall rotation every 4 to 5 weeks
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Apply on company website