SAIC is seeking Systems Engineers at various experience levels to provide Engineering services of complex space and ground efforts as part of an exciting and innovative program. These Engineering Professionals will support system engineering and integration activities that define and integrate major space systems and associated ground elements from concept into an operational enterprise. The Engineering Professionals possess demonstrated working knowledge of large space/ground systems test and integration activities necessary to enable the successful demonstration of operational capabilities in a larger enterprise. As a SE&I Professional you will provide System Engineering services across all Engineering disciplines critical to developing and assembling the operational capabilities into an integrated architecture.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide Systems Engineering expertise as part of a world-class Engineering and Integration team
Provide analysis and leadership to systems design and development, from initial component architecture and design through operations
Develop operational concepts, requirements, and architectural designs; Evolve system architectures, conduct and analyze requirements flow down, propose verification methodologies
Lead Lifecycle readiness reviews to demonstrate the design meets all specifications and customer requirements
Research state-of-the-art component technologies and system concepts/capabilities
Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including senior executive officials, military officers, development contractors, and end users.
Conduct risk management processes and methods for identifying and adjudicating program risk; Conduct analysis to identify program risk areas and recommend/implement mitigation approaches.
Conduct modeling and simulation analysis as needed
Conduct and maintain Configuration Management of program baseline
Provide expert mission analysis to define technical requirements and interfaces, provide analysis of alternatives, guide development, evaluate expected performance against requirements and mission needs, and support calibration activities
Develop briefings and assessments to a variety of audiences, and must be able to convey information in a clear and articulate manner to Government leadership.
- Capability Systems Engineer
- Systems Architect
- Requirements Engineer
- Configuration Manager
- Mission Analyst
- Agilist / Scrum Master
- Model based Systems Engineering (MBSE) Specialist/Expert
- Risk Management Specialist
- Schedule Management Specialist/Master
QualificationsTYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Current TS/SCI clearance with ability to obtain a polygraph
- Bachelor's degree in engineering science discipline related technical field/ additional years' experience may be substituded in lieu of degree
- 5+ years professional experience
Experience in systems integration and systems engineering
- Experience in 1 of these 3 backgrounds: Space, Ground RADAR or EO related systems
Experience leading combined hardware and software integration activities
Experience using model based system engineering concepts
Experience with systems integration throughout the lifecycle
Experience with space-ground systems architectures and lifecycle support
Experience implement agile software development techniques
- Strong leadership, interpersonal communications skills
- Experience in leading contractor/industry teams
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing requirements and tasks
Possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Masters of Science in engineering, science or related technical field
- Experience in large systems acquisition
- Thorough understanding of space systems design, integration and test requirements and test execution, including test equipment support.
Apply on company website