The Department of State, Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) Mobile and Remote Access (MRA) Division provides mission critical mobile device (iPhone, Android, BlackBerry) and remote access (Citrix-based) capabilities to over 60,000 customers worldwide. In support of these services, MRA and the Vanguard 2.2.1 Program currently has an opening for a Tier 1 Service Desk Technician who will provide world-class customer service and technical support via phone, in-person and/or other communication mediums. The dedicated Tier 1 Service Desk Technician is a heavily focused customer-facing role that works in a high- paced operational environment and is responsible for the initial triage of customer incidents or service requests.
The Tier 1 Service Desk Team is part of a larger Operations Team, which is composed of both Tier 1 and Tier 2 Technicians who work across three shifts (Days, Swings, and Midnight) 24x7x365.
Description of Duties:
- Provide professional phone and/or in-person technical support to customers with the goal of resolving customer-reported issues upon first contact.
- Monitor phone call queue and answer phone calls in a prompt manner to minimize customer wait times.
- Monitor Remedy Ticket queue (and Queue Monitor) and update tickets assigned on a daily basis; document all incidents and service request tickets in ITSM tool (Remedy) to ensure customers are provided with the latest status/update, progress, and resolution of their request. Triage and troubleshoot all mobile device and remote access - BlackBerry, iPhone/iPad, Android, Global OpenNet (GO), and Surface Pro – issues; provide customers with step-by-step instructions on how-to configure and/or troubleshoot device-related or remote access-related issues.
- Prioritize and respond to all High/Critical and/or VIP-related incidents or service requests first and escalate to Shift Lead and/or Tier 2 Systems Teams, as needed.
- Actively participate in Shift Turnover activities to ensure awareness of ongoing operational issues (Domestic or Overseas), VIP-related issues, and/or planned/unplanned outages/system changes that may impact MRA (or other IRM-related) services.
- Process new mobile or remote access service enrollment requests and/or service account requests from Remedy and/or MRA Management System (MRAMS).
- Add/Change account information in Active Directory, BlackBerry, and/or Citrix/XenMobile related systems; perform BlackBerry/XenMobile mobile device activations and re-activations
- Perform Citrix/RSA PIN resets and/or soft token pushes to mobile devices • Escalate all customer reported issues and/or potential system-related problems to Shift Lead and/or Operations Manager.
- Escalate any un- resolved technical issues that are more complex in nature to Tier 2 Systems Team.
- Adhere to and follow standard operating procedures (SOPs), Guides, Templates, and Policies used to support and manage MRA Operations daily activities.
The Tier 1 Service Desk Technician may perform the required duties (listed above) at either SA-09 or in the IT MART (walk-in support center) located in the Harry S. Truman (HST) Building; both locations are in Washington DC.
For Tier 1 Service Desk Technicians who support the IT MART, the following duties below are also expected given the in-person support aspect:
- Perform in-person mobile device (and remote access) troubleshooting / configuration / provisioning actions with customers.
- Provide customers with a brief introduction of how-to use their mobile device.
Must be open to working all shifts
- High School diploma with 2 years or more of relevant experience
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows system administration tasks including: Windows Server 2008/2012, Active Directory, iOS or Android platforms, iPhones, iPads, BlackBerry 10 and 12, RSA, Citrix, and SCOM monitoring tool.
- Basic knowledge of BMC Remedy.
- Customer service- related skills.
- Skills to address issues with senior level customers and/or VIPs.
- Self- motivated problem solver possessing effective troubleshooting skills as it relates to IT issues.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience working directly with customers including VIPs.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and quick turnaround deliverables.
- Ability to focus on ticket and monitoring systems for sustained periods.
Must be able to obtain an interim secret clearance in order to begin work or currently possess one
- Experience with mobile device solutions.
- Certification in relevant IT products/technologies.
- As essential personnel, candidate is required to maintain consistent on-time presence at the work location.
- Depending on the work location, the individual will be required to perform shift work in a 24 x 7 x 365 work environment.
- The candidate should have an eye for detail, ability to multi-task, organize priorities, and work in a systematic style following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and guides.
Apply on company website