Location: Tampa, FL
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Industries: Technology, Software, IT, Electronics
DescriptionSAIC has a contingent opportunity for a Logistician to support the SOCS SATCOM Network Support work at Fort Bragg. This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Performs system fault analysis, life cycle maintenance and integrated product support (IPS) of major systems.
- Controls the efficient flow of goods, services and information between point of origin through customer placement in order to meet customer requirements.
- May also plan, schedule and manage the efficient movement of material from receiving or the warehouse to production.
- Develops raw material requirements and scheduling requirements from engineering specifications and production schedules and plans and manages material movement with purchasing, warehouse, and production.
- Ensures the execution and continuous improvement of standard logistic processes.
- Logistics functions encompass maintenance, supply, transportation and logistics plans.
- Inherently included as logistics tasks are program formulation, policy planning, coordination, inspection, integrated logistics processes, joint planning logistics, acquisition and wholesale logistics, product support, asset visibility, material management and supervision
QualificationsEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree
- Professional Logistics Certification – i.e., Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) certified in Lifecycle [Acquisition] Logistics Level 3, or have equivalent logistics training (resume to specify all equivalent training), or possess an additional five (5) years working in direct support of defense life-cycle logistics.
- Fifteen (15) years of experience in defense life-cycle (acquisition) logistics support (or 20 years if not DAWIA Level 3 certified) of electronic systems, to include: logistics management, principles, practices, and processes.
- Eight (8) years of experience in support of C5ISR systems. Demonstrated management skills, to include: Analyzing Contracts, Analyzing System Design Specifications, Analyzing Engineering/Systems Management Data, Developing Logistics Plans and Procedures, and Developing Logistics Management Plans and Guidelines. Experience supervising Logistics Specialists. Note: Experience may be concurrent.
- Must have a Top Secret with ability to obtain Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
Apply on company website