SAIC is seeking a Software Engineer located in Crane, IN to support the US Navy.
We have an opportunity for a C++ Software Engineer within the Naval Radar Software Department in Crane, Indiana. We provide world class Radar Software to be used in military systems deployed at sea and on land. You'll have an opportunity to work on world-class programs that support the US Navy's Counter-drone technology (C-UAS). C-UAS detects and/or intercepts unmanned aircraft. This vital role supports multiple Department of Defense customers, in such areas as small arms, munitions, countermeasures, and vehicle integration projects.JOB DESCRIPTION:
As a Software Engineer, you're responsible for designing, implementing, debugging and fixing problems with the Radar software applications, as well as supporting software integration and verification efforts for the RF Blanking Unit (RFBU) on the Navy's standard avionics testing system, CASS. (Consolidate Automated Support System).
Our radar software applications, including implementations of signal processing algorithms and time critical control functions, involved in direct control of sensor systems, are developed using C++ programming language running in a distributed fashion across a variety of computing platforms running Linux, UNIX or Windows operating systems. In this role you'll also work closely with other departments to interpret requirements and correctly implement these requirements in software.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have obtained a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering or related field and (2) or more years relevant experience; Master's Degree and no experience required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret security clearance
- Must be proficient in programming in C++
- Must have LINUX/UNIX experience
- Experience in Networking/Multi-Threading
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to meet the security requirements of this position in order to be considered
- Experience using electronic Consolidated Automated Support System (eCASS) desired
- Background in Microsoft Foundation Classes (MFC) desired
KEYWORDS: C++, Linux, UNIX, Multi-Threading, real-time software development, Signal Processing
Apply on company website