Location: Lanham, MD
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Industries: Technology, Software, IT, Electronics
DescriptionSAIC is seeking a Software Engineer with JAVA experience on the OMES II contract in support of the Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) program at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. The position is located in Greenbelt, MD.
The Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) is the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA) next-generation operational Earth observation program that acquires and distributes global environmental data primarily from multiple polar-orbiting satellites. The program plays a critical role to NOAA's mission to understand and predict changes in weather, climate, oceans and coasts, and the space environment, which support the Nation's economy and protect lives and property.
This is a software engineer engineering position that will be focused on the implementation of a scheduling tool for the Command, Control & Communications (C3S) segment. It will deconflict the satellite schedule requests for the National Polar Partnership (NPP), Global Change Observation Mission (GCOM), Joint Polar Satellite System 1 (JPSS-1) and JPSS-2 satellites.
- Designs application software
- Developing, documenting, testing and debugging application software
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls
- Ensuring NASA software standards are met
QualificationsREQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE - Bachelors' Degree and 3 years' software engineering experience - Must be able to pass a Government background investigation
- Must have experience developing and designing JAVA based solutions
- Experience with either Agile or Waterfall development
Desired Qualifications- Experience with satellite operations / ground system development preferred
Apply on company website