SAIC has contingent job opportunities for Software Systems Engineers to support the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) Department with Advanced Ship and Combat System Integration Engineering.
Work will be performed on-site in Dahlgren, VA ,and will allow for some telework from the local area.
This position is contingent upon contract award, expected in Fall 2023.
Job Summary: The Software Systems Engineer will provide “cradle to grave” engineering and software support to NSWCDD V dept for the SGS/AC tactical and support programs. The engineering and software support requires system engineering, software engineering, testing, and baseline management. Tactical and support programs that will be supported include, but are not limited to, SGS/AC tactical programs (current and future), Wrap Around Simulation Program (WASP), and the Coordinated Battle force Replay and Analysis (CoBRA) tool. Travel is anticipated under this work element.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide system of system (SoS) engineering and support will shall include participation in all technical reviews, design reviews, technical interchange meetings (TIMs), and technical working groups (e.g., Interoperability Architecture Team, Interoperability Certification Assessment Group (ICAG)) to encompass derivation of operational need to delivery of capability.
Develop, review and evaluate engineering change proposals, white papers, interface change requests, design options, design specification changes, interface specifications, and system engineering documents.
Perform requirements analysis, maintain data tracing requirements to design, maintain data tracing requirements to test procedures and TRs, and develop metrics for the evaluation algorithms.
Conduct code reviews for software changes, perform development testing, develop and maintain unit test procedures, provide code difference reports, and collect required software metrics.
Recommend software upgrades or new capabilities, perform root cause analysis of TORs and TRs, develop TORs for discovered problems, and review and identify documentation modifications.
Provide test and evaluation (T&E) support for all SGS/AC programs.
The Software Systems Engineer shall provide baseline management support for; which shall include combat system certification meeting support, review and comment of ship change documents (SCDs), development and maintenance of build description plans, and development of software development schedules
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent degree from an accredited university and Two (2) years of experience, experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience with C++ or Java software development, peer code review, or software test
- Solid understanding of OOP, basic Data Structures, and basic Algorithms
- Experience with Atlassian workflow management software or similar Agile SW development
- Experience with technical documentation writing
- Understanding and or experience developing software for embedded systems
- Understanding of computing system architectures and virtual machines is a plus
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Bash, and PowerShell is a plus
- Experience with Socket Programing, JavaFX
Minimum Interim Secret required with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance prior to start
- Experience with Git and Continual Integration (CI) pipelines
- Experience with Matlab for code generation
- Experience with static code analysis tools and utilization
- Experience with database development (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc)
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
Apply on company website