SAIC is seeking a Space and Ground Processing Systems Engineer to join our team. SAIC provides specialized analysis, engineering, design, and operations support to a variety of Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) customers. We support development of next generation and generation after next national security systems based on land, at sea, in air, and in space.
SAIC has an opening for a Space and Ground Processing Systems Engineer to work with a team of analysts, engineers, and technical advisors for an IC systems and technology research and development (R&D) customer. Responsibilities include:
Program Integrated Master Schedule.
- Create, update, and status Integrated Master Schedule.
- Interface with internal SAFeTM Agile Release Trains (ARTs) to gather/update information for Program Master Schedule.
- Coordinate schedules with external stakeholders to input into Program Master Schedule.
- Develop and maintain Group Program Increment Schedule to include iteration information and Program Increment Planning events.
- Use of Microsoft Project and Milestones Professional.
- Gather and input data into MS Project.
- Import MS Project file into Milestones Professional to create different views for customers.
Agile Release Train (ART) support using SAFeTM 5.0 processes.
- Support Agile Release Train activities.
- Coordinate Program Increment (PI) Planning events
- Lead development of team objectives/features during PI Planning events.
- Capturing PI Planning event minutes.
- Scheduling and facilitating ART team status meetings.
- Gathering future team features into ART backlog.
- Maintain SharePoint site to ensure it is current with most recent Program Plans.
Other Technical support, as required.
- Provide technical support including the review and assessment of spacecraft concepts, architectures, systems (both space and ground), technologies, interfaces, and operations.
- Create, maintain, and present technical white papers that describe the Group's strategic technical roadmap and alignment with Directorate strategic plan.
- Support program acquisition efforts by developing, reviewing, and updating statements of work, CDRLs, and other acquisition documents.
- Track group action items and support timely completion of actions with Office action officers on Group actions or to negotiate task due dates (extensions).
- Create group level and special technical topic briefings in response to Senior Government requests.
- Develop routine and specific topic briefings and reports; prepare and distribute briefing report and read-ahead material.
Qualifications – External
- Active TS/SCI w/polygraph.
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years or more of related experience.
- Experience interacting with senior-level government staff.
- Experience in technical analysis and effective data gathering.
- Experience developing and maintaining program schedules.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience drafting documents; preparing and delivering briefings.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with and application of SAFeTM processes.
- Experience with satellite bus, payload, and ground mission processing
- Demonstrated analytic skills.
- Demonstrated experience planning and leading sub-tasks/projects.
- Knowledge of the Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD).
Apply on company website