SAIC requires a Spacecraft Launch, Initialization and Checkout Specialist to provide technical and programmatic support to a Government Program Office acquiring and deploying an advanced technology demonstration satellite. The selected candidate will serve full-time as the lead for planning and execution of all activities required to support initialization and on-orbit demonstration phases. Key areas of focus include planning and execution of training, exercise and rehearsal support and transition between different initialization phases during execution.
• Provide direct customer support to assist in overseeing the planning and execution of initialization activities of an advanced technology demonstration satellite program.
• Identify and track issues/progress and provide technical and management coordination between the Program Office, the satellite contractor and the operations site.
• Assist in resource planning, acquisition/RFC process and support preparations as required to support planned activities.
• Ensure program CONOPS and supporting procedures are adequate and efficient and that personnel are sufficiently prepared.
• Attend operational facility design reviews and program management reviews to assess design maturity, requirements compliance and to provide informed technical recommendations to the USG.
• Attend Integrated Product Team (IPT) meetings as required.
• Review test plans/procedures and test results and test reports for completeness and accuracy, including compliance to approved plans, and provide feedback to the customer.
• Proactively identify and assess emerging technical and programmatic risks and then work with the contractor to develop and evaluate mitigation approaches.
• Develop productive relationships with contractor counterparts, functional counterparts, and other subject matter experts.
• Track development issues, significant accomplishments and upcoming events and provide weekly status updates, oral and in writing (email) to the customer.
• Perform in-depth review and analysis of programmatic (cost and schedule) detail in addition to technical (performance) detail.
Qualifications• Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline.
• 20 plus years of relevant professional experience. • Significant experience in satellite Command & Control systems, CONOPS development with Satellite Operations teams.
• Experience in planning and executing efficient early orbit campaigns to include launch support, , initialization training, satellite initialization and checkout, and mission utility demonstration.
• Basic understanding of DOD/IC satellite systems and architectures.
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently or lead ad-hoc teams in a collaborative environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Available to travel domestically. Active TS/SCI clearance w/ Poly
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership, team building and problem solving skills with a demonstrated ability to be effective in a government/contractor team environment.
• Experience in DOD/IC acquisition and program management processes.
• Demonstrated sustained superior performance.
• Ability to accommodate change, manage priorities and apply creative solutions to problems.
Apply on company website