DescriptionSAIC is looking for a Special Programs Systems Engineer to evaluate technologies for use in advanced programs in the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) Ground Enterprise Directorate (GED). The position will be located in Chantilly, VA and requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph.
In this role, you will conduct analysis and present briefings to top management and senior Intelligence Community and DoD leadership. These briefings will include findings, analysis, and recommended solutions for complex real-world problems where required solutions are often needed in short time frames and are urgent in nature. Additionally, you will provide analytical support and subject matter expert evaluation of programs aimed at enhancing warfighter capabilities and data exchanges at the tactical, theater and strategic levels.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing engineering and technical advice as well as integrating new and innovative technologies into existing or proposed programs to include multiple classification levels.
- Support project management and program development as well as execution and evaluation of cost, performance, schedule and risks throughout program execution.
- Continuously evaluate technologies at various readiness levels to assess if they should be included in existing or future projects.
- Support GED in the preparation and presentation of briefs to NRO senior management, staffs or visiting personnel and assist in the development and management of project management plans, project execution plans and project proposals to support special capabilities development and cross-domain integration.
- Provide timely and accurate special capability and program support to ensure Senior Leader deadlines and taskers are met and answered.
- Provide operational and technical evaluation of proposed Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance projects and proposed recommendations for rapid prototyping efforts or potential demonstration options to support project development.
- Investigate new technical capabilities that can be leveraged in support of warfighter operations and integration; act as the operational focal point, as well as the process SME for matters relating to special capabilities integration and new capability development.
- Support rapid prototyping of new technology to address capability gaps or new system requirements.
- Provide project plans, phasing and an outline of desired objectives to execute a phased program in minimum time.
- Provide technical and programmatic support throughout the program.
- Support development, testing and analysis of efforts for projects to include coordination of efforts across multiple government agencies and classification levels.
- Provide liaison support to NRO and special capabilities providers throughout the NCR, such as PMR-51, Joint and other DoD agencies (SAF/AQL, SAF/AAZ, SCO, others) and the Rapid Capabilities Office (RCO).
- Engage with planning staffs and Core Function Leads to coordinate GED projects with planning guidance or developmental requirements in support of operational needs.
- Maintain current operational knowledge of new or ongoing efforts in Intelligence Community air, space or cyberspace domains and cross-agency efforts to utilize or share data.
- Provide programmatic, technical, and operational testing expertise in support of the integration of current and emerging DoD sensors and systems with National Capabilities.
- Coordinate with STO elements, Intelligence Community Customers, and other critical mission partners to introduce and evaluate the utility of DoD and IC collection integration capabilities.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more of related experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more of related experience ; PhD and four (4) years or more of related experience. (Required)
- 3+ years of experience in the design, development, integration, and testing of Air, Space, or Cyberspace systems at the tactical, theater and strategic levels.
- Must have a strong background in supporting R&D projects, researching new capabilities for warfighter operations and integration.
Apply on company website